Unity

Howdy, it's another one. I wanted to just reiterate. Thank you guys so much for giving this story any sort of attention. I'm so glad you guys are enjoying it and I'm so glad that you are taking the time to read this, even if it's to procrastinate and not really pay attention to, just skimming so that you don't have to get back to actual work. But in all honesty, thank you so much for reading this story. It's super heartwarming to see this sort of stuff happen in general, for any story. So yeah, thanks!

Back to business(ish). So, my week's going well. Class is going well, work is going well. My friends are all doing cool, so my life's doing pretty fine these past two weeks. How was your two weeks? Anything cool happen?

Anyways, yeah. That's really all I can think of right now for the beginning of this chapter. So let's go!

Initial release date: October 29, 2019

~~~~~

Murmurs came from the large stadium, turned refuge for those who couldn't flee City J. There were hundreds, perhaps somewhat more than a thousand people trapped within the building because of the risk that came with going outside. Nobody had ever wished to go outside to clash with some of the monsters out there, and for good reason.

With the low signal that was still there, as most buildings had been destroyed around the area, the news flashes that came up every now and then only displayed the destruction the monsters had caused. It didn't take a genius to figure out what had caused the damage to the city, and none of them were imbeciles by any means.

Sudden stomps came from outside the building, causing panic throughout the entire complex. Thuds getting louder by the second flew by like a shockwave, fear flying just as fast. Hearts pounded as bodies froze. The familiar smell of fish was nearby.

The people in the stadium were powerless as a large fist collided with the building, first causing cracks through the exterior of the building without any holes. The second punch had not granted them the same mercy.

Dust, concrete, and rain fell through the roof, as debris crashed onto the ground with an echo blasting off of the walls. The crowd panicked, screaming their lungs out. They lamented about their lives, some breaking down into tears.

"Quiet," The Deep Sea King commanded, his powerful voice drowning out all else. "Calm yourselves, and perhaps I will grant you some mercy." Entering the stadium, his monstrous form dwarfed what they had seen on the news. Gigantic and destructive, it was clear that the other sea monsters outside couldn't even compare.

"Now, now, young one," He smirked, his large teeth only further intimidating the crying child whose mother was unable to silence. "It isn't good to make a scene."

"H-Hey! Over here!" A voice squeaked, interrupting the Deep Sea King. It held only fear, and not even the most astute of listeners could detect a hint of true courage. The King turned around, slightly confused until he saw the one who spoke up.

It was a blond man in a brown jacket with elbow pads. Appearing as if he came from an 80's greaser's movie, his hair was slicked back and complemented his brown jeans perfectly. As if that wasn't enough, there were lightning bolts along the bottom of his jacket.

"And what do you wish for, pest?" The King mocked, clearly displeased with his insubordination.

The man put his hands up in surrender before continuing, his voice nearly caught, "W-What do you want? I-I'll do anything! J-Just please don't kill us!" Trickling followed, and a slight drip filled the silence. Another drip came again, followed by a displeasing aroma familiar only to the humans. It had not smelled of fish, nor of the salty ocean. It smelled only like piss.