Resolution

Another chapter, and the end of the "Alien Conquerors" Arc!

So, this is the chapter of the battle between Boros and Saitama, and one that I really feel like I should write in a unique way, because I feel like the things that I want to connect here isn't just the battle itself, but especially the way that it affects so many people in the anime, and how it just...moves the story in such a way that really helps it shine. Still, I'm slightly concerned I won't do it justice. Wish me luck!

Original release date: March 11, 2020

~~~~~

"Miss Tatsumaki!" I heard Genos call out to me. "Fubuki and I saw something, and I think you should stop and come with! It's most likely going to decide the fate of the ship!"

I growled, slightly annoyed with the cyborg that had just been searching through the archives for the last half hour looking for anything on the Monster Association since I told him to, "What is it, cyborg? Have you found something on the monster guys or what? Anything that seems-- Wait, who the fuck told you that you can just call my sister Fubuki instead of something formal like you always do? You call everyone the most formal bullshit around!"

"Sis, it's okay!" Fubuki stammered, slightly embarrassed. "I told him that he could since he's always so tense and all that! I thought it might be nice for him to relax a little bit!"

I raised my eyebrow, thinking very differently of her intentions; yeah, her blush said it all; I still steamrolled, not regarding it any further, "Sure, sure, but what did you want to show me?"

"I'm nearly certain that Saitama-Sensei may have found the leader of this invasion, and it seems the invader is actually able to survive multiple of his normal punches," Genos interrupted, and I instantly felt extreme doubt. "I am aware, it sounds near-impossible, but it is certainly what I had witnessed. Fubuki, you can vouch for me, correct?" She nodded in hesitant agreement, slightly disbelieving of it.

"Damn, guess I gotta go see for myself. Could one of you get Bang for me, please? I'll meet you guys at the top of the Hero Association building," I asked, even though my voice was clearly impatient. As the two of them headed off, I started flying up to the top of the tower before a huge-ass shard of the ship flew at me at a scary speed.

"The fuck?!" I nearly screamed in shock, barely reacting in time to stop it from hitting me. "Fuck is this shit?!" I immediately looked in the direction of the ship and saw entire chains of explosions going off at the top of the ship.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, were they really telling the truth? I flew quicker up to the peak of the ship, being aware of anything that might have been flying towards me. Instead of just stopping them because I know damn well that if I focused on stopping them so fast I probably wouldn't have made it to the top, I just flew as fast as I could and dodged anything that came close to me, leading them all to collide with the tower. They all smashed into the tower and I saw cracks start to show on the outside of the tower. Damn, this shit's really happening, isn't it?

When I made it to the top of the tower, my first priority wasn't even the stuff going on at the top, but making sure that my sister and my friend's damn apprentice didn't get themselves killed. I instantly brought out my phone and called Genos, since I don't think he's missed a call ever since I met him.

"Cyborg! Take the elevator!" I commanded, listening close for his voice over the deafening blasts of the explosions and shrapnel. "Why? Don't you fucking see?! There are huge ass explosive shards flying at the tower and if I almost got hit by one, I don't want you, Bang, or especially my little sister to get hurt at all! Got it?!"

I could hear his confused voice come from the phone, probably really surprised by my concern, "As you wish, Miss Tatsumaki." As he ended the call and I put my phone back in my pocket, I stared back at the ship, which was still exploding for the most part.