Prophecy

The Finale of the Dark Matter Thieves Arc, right before we transition into the Resort Arc (probably where I'm gonna make the biggest relationship move because y'know it's a classic move from these fanfictions but also because it does work really well. I just think it works best for their characters in terms of the canon and just how they work).

Anyways, everything's starting to look pretty good. Rehearsal is oddly smooth, learning my lines just fine, and so is school. I'm enjoying it and *totally* enjoying losing all hours of sleep possible to make it through all honors courses! Totally! Yeah! Woohoo!

But, yeah, hope you enjoy the chapter!

Initial Release Date: February 26, 2020

~~~~~

How long has it been since I have come across a worthy opponent? How many years have I been led on this journey? How much more does one have to wait until their culmination comes in the form of their dream, the form of their desire?

I suppose there is little hope to be had now. While Groribas was strong, I too could realize at first glance that he was nowhere near me, let alone my species. When I had heard from Geryuganshoop that an intruder had defeated him, I admit that at first, I was slightly intrigued; alas, I still know that hope is futile.

My crew, too, has lost most of their hope. They think me an idealistic fool, chasing a dream they feel has no end, a tunnel in which light will never enter.

This is still my only hope. I, while not generally trusting in mystical forces beyond that of the universe in my grasp, was rather quick to learn about this...type of 'fortune teller,' who had made multiple accurate descriptions of others prior to my arrival. Supposedly, anyone who had gone to her, whether or not they wanted their future to come true, it played out exactly as she said it was. Naturally, as the leader of the Dark Matter Thieves, one of the most notorious organizations in the universe, I decided to see for myself the credibility of this teller; the likelihood that anyone would even be able to stop me was slim to none.

I had heard millions of times over from my crew, from the crew's quarters to the artillery management to even my most powerful generals between Melzargard, Groribas, and Geryuganshoop, that this mysterious teller was constantly travelling. What a wonderful convenience, clearly. Her fame was as well known as her mystery. While billions have told tales of the mysterious teller, only a handful had a firsthand encounter.

I first regarded it as a little side quest, something that could be searched for in the meantime whilst I had my own aspirations, building my own regime while looking for my own worthwhile opponent. Yet, as time passed, before I realized it, this search slowly spiraled into a mad hunt for the teller; I had sent out thousands of my men to search for this mysterious teller, in multiple galaxies, multiple planets, everywhere in search of this teller.

Lo and behold, it was Geryuganshoop who had caught tale of her arrival in a planet only 27 ekorrs away from where I was finishing up upgrades on the war queen that is Komatsky, named after the god of power of my species.

And in an instant, Komatsky's upgrades were top priority, as we had been searching for this teller for what might have been eons. Following the lead that Geryuganshoop had found, it was the first time that any of our leads had a solid trail. Fortunately, it was also the one that had yielded a result.

When I found her, she appeared to have this aura, one befitting of a goddess, beauty radiating and yet power flourishing at the same time. In a sense, it did seem like the rumors were true: she had been blessed by a supernatural force with the ability to look into an individual's future.

And what do I ask? I had been pondering that for centuries, and had been prepared quadrillions of times over.

"Will I find the one who can quench my thirst for combat?" I asked. Quite the opposite of colloquial, mind you; it reminded me of an ancient pretentious philosopher I had heard about during my strenuous studies in adolescence: Socrates, if I recall correctly.