Honesty

Hi!

Here's another chapter!

This one's going to be a sort of mix between plot and relationship, so I hope you enjoy!

Important for only this chapter: This is gonna sort of be mixing past and present because I'm having a bunch of interactions with Garou, which took place during Saitama and Tatsumaki's date, which, you know, is from last chapter.

Initial release date: November 12, 2020

~~~~~

"Well, well! Demon Cyborg! Took care of whatever you had to deal with?" The Hero Hunter asked me, his tone sinister, yet held a different tone of what most humans would consider frightening.

"Indeed, Hero Hunter," I confirm, nodding. "Do not fret further. Tareo is safe." I notice his eyes soften at that, and his stance becomes a bit looser.

"I suppose I should thank you," he nods his head in a form of respect. "You know what? Maybe you're different from some of those other heroes. Why'd you become a hero, anyways?"

What a random question. We're pacing back and forth in a circle around each other, waiting for somebody to make the first move. I believe it would be best to let this conversation drag out for a little bit longer. It seems best, for Silver Fang and Bomb may be arriving soon.

"In reality, I didn't even plan to become one. I was simply looking to become stronger, and my Sensei has been giving me advice along the way," I admit.

"So you never looked up to heroes all your life?" Garou prompts, a somewhat shocked appearance manifest on his countenance. It augured little from what I know thus far, though I frankly can't care about his opinion of me.

"Never. Ever since I was 15, I think, I'd only been focusing on avenging my village. A rogue cyborg burnt it all down, and most of me is still cybernetic, ironically. Justice is irrelevant," I declare. "Whatever people think is good or bad is up to them, but me? I'm simply trying to live my own life."

He smirks, a somewhat admiring glint in his eyes, "Damn, it's a shame I'm going to have to turn you into scrap. So you never even paid a single bit of attention?"

"I didn't even know that the Hero Association was a thing until a few months ago."

"Tsk, what a waste of metal...I guess you're just using the place as a way to find more things to fight and get stronger?"

"I suppose," I nod, his logic making partial sense to me. "However, I find that protecting the people I care about is also beneficial."

"Right, right," he nods, his pacing slowly coming to a stop as he puts a hand on his chin. "Just like when you took that acid shot for the girl against that Deep Sea dude."

"Indeed," I nod. "You must have done your research. Smart."

"Course!" He smirks with pride, almost pounding his chest. "What sort of dumbass doesn't try to get every edge he can? That's just stupidly clinging onto your pride, you feel?"

He sighs before we can keep the conversation going, "Look, I'll admit, I don't think we gotta fight. Your ideology lines up with mine pretty well, even though there's a bit of change. You're strong, honest, and I respect that you're trying to avenge your family. Your loved ones. Don't wanna seem like I'm spilling my emotions, but I gotta say you seem different than someone like the Tank Top crew. You're humble, I think."

His argument is convincing. I sigh, knowing that he is correct. What he does, while affecting my job, does not affect anyone else around him. It's his battle, nobody else's. He fervently protects the citizens, keeping kids safe while keeping their innocence intact while trying to impart his own sense of knowledge and justice wisely.