Boring Battle

You'd think that, after all this time in the Hero Association, that Tornado would become popular enough even amongst the monsters for them to know not to mess with her. Get in her way, threaten someone close to her, any of that stuff.

Another thing that one would think about is knowing that, if one is a psychic user and their biggest threat currently is Tornado, focusing on her and her alone to stop her is kind of important.

Psykos, however, was not having any of that at the moment. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Here she was, lounging about on her couch, legs kicked back onto one of the arms with her head resting on her hand as her other hand held a wine glass in it.

She'd been enjoying it all pretty easily. She'd been able to spectate some of the heroes fighting the lackeys she'd sent out there so she could examine them, send out the cadres to deal with them accordingly, all that good stuff.

Of course, considering how there were more S-Class heroes than there were cadres, not all of them could be accounted for. At the moment, her biggest worries were two heroes: Tatsumaki, who she'd seen enter with some random schmuck, and King.

King being the bigger worry for her. Not just because he was supposedly the Hero Association's greatest asset other than Blast, but because he was completely unaccounted for. He wasn't with the group when they entered City Z, and all of her scouting hadn't turned anything up.

Hell, not even the monsters she'd sent out to search for him had come back.

She scoffed. She didn't expect him to be such an anomaly and a thorn in her side that he would be able to take out some of her more stealth-oriented allies without a single one slipping away. She feared that she'd have to take matters into her own hands.

The issue with that was the fact that it'd make her more visible, give away her hiding location. That wouldn't do her any good.

She rapped her fingers on the couch, humming as she pondered over what course of action to take.

However, in a flash, she gasped, a shiver rolling down her spine in waves. As she sat up quickly, she looked around her for any signs of danger.

Immediately, she couldn't find anything. Nothing that she'd wanted to make it into her room had, which seemed pleasant enough. In a moment or two, though, she narrowed her eyes, knowing exactly what that meant.

There was an intruder who was able to get past her barrier. Normally, she'd think nothing of it. After all, most of the monsters who were strong enough to get past that thin barrier were those who she'd approved of as cadres, and had thus earned the right to do so.

And most of the time, the monsters would just go through without a second thought, one mass just walking through after going through hit like jelly. Homeless Emperor and Black Sperm were the exceptions, though. The former because of the energy balls that he just insisted he orbit around himself for some apparent reason, and Black Sperm because he had this odd habit of keeping himself split apart in a group of nine just because it looked cool.

It didn't.

Regardless, they'd went through the filter and it came with a burst of feelings that someone had went through, whether it be someone like Nyan or a multi-parted monster like Black Sperm, it was that, and that was it. It went by and that was it.

This felt...different. Like an itch that kept persisting.

She felt a single organism pass through the membrane, which wasn't too much of an anomaly. She'd become used to that feeling over time, and didn't pay it any mind. Some of the cadres liked to wander. They did, of course, pretty much had free reign over themselves.