Slaughter

Um...Hi, it's me. I've been gone for well over a month and a half, if I recall, but...I feel ready to start writing again. And...I wanted to get back into it because I think I'm a bit more stable now, and that I can write how I want to write and with a want to write.

Before this chapter, I just wanted to say two things: I'm sorry for being gone so long, because you guys who still read this have waited patiently for me and I don't know how I can give that back to you. And also, thank you guys also for all the support and patience you guys had. It means a lot to me, even now.

Note: Since school's about to become pretty intense since I've got theatre rehearsal for Mary Poppins with all the others, the updates might be a bit out of routine and released a bit later. However, I really hope it doesn't take longer than 2-3 weeks to update. Sorry!

But, yeah, it's another chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it!

Original release date: January 29, 2020

~~~~~

I walked into my living room, stretching again. Waking up as a hero was pretty boring, especially with a place like this. What was I even supposed to do with all this space the Hero Association gave me? A swimming pool? Fitness room? What do people who use money and not power do when they have this much space?

Anyways, I plopped down on my velvety purple couch and turned on the T.V. It was a wall-mounted one, and was pretty convenient to use. And since this place came from the Hero Association, it came with a free program updating heroes on everything going on in the world, and stuff like that. Super fancy, I know.

Turning on the T.V, I went to that exact channel to see if something was wrong, and my eyebrow raised when I saw that bright red letters saying, "BREAKING NEWS!" appeared on the T.V, blaring as if it was an hurricane warning.

In a few moments, I saw a reporter with sunglasses, gelled hair that was slowly but surely receding frantically holding his microphone, no doubt ecstatic about his role and also extremely concerned. His breaths were heavy, and he was standing outside the familiar fortune-telling booth of Madame Shibabawa. She was pretty famous amongst lower-class heroes, yet I never paid much attention to her since she barely made any predictions.

"Madame Shibabawa has died! Repeat! Madame Shibabawa is dead!" He exclaimed, beads of sweat rolling down his brow. "She had passed away last night while making one last prediction, choking on a cough drop whilst doing so!"

A cough drop? Really? My attention went back to my breakfast that I set down on the table a few moments earlier before my phone went off. Groaning, I leaned back as I grabbed my phone from my pocket. Saitama's contact name, which I had aptly named, "The Bald Egg," had rung with a picture of him with a bit of anime shine that I had photoshopped on there just to make fun of him.

"Yeah, Baldy?" I asked, slightly displeased that he interrupted my breakfast but a bit shocked that he would ever dare call somebody else. He didn't even call Genos, if I remember correct; it was always the cyborg who had to call him instead.

"Hey, Tats, did you see the text from that Sitch dude?" He asked, and I went to my messages. There was a group chat for S-Class heroes that only a solid two heroes used, and one of them sent memes incessantly because nobody else in S-Class ever thought we'd need help from one another to defeat a monster. And there isn't any reason, anyways. It was just us 18 S-Class heroes, and then Sitch.

That reminded me. Both Baldy and Genos had moved up in S-Class, since Saitama went up to rank 16 while Genos was rank 15. I thought it was weird they both moved up the same amount of ranks.

I read the text from Sitch, which said, "All S-Class heroes, report to the Hero Association Headquarters as soon as possible today. There is a dire emergency and we require all of your presences."