Influence

Hello folks, this is gonna be a chapter that's more so just leading up to the actual date and following the events of the last chapter, so mega oof on my part.

And also, next chapter, I'm obviously gonna get more into it but also get more plot-oriented stuff in there.

And, of course, I hope you enjoy it!

Original Release Date: June 17, 2020

~~~~~

I could feel myself wake up, and felt really warm on one of my sides. It was like I was a little kid surrounded by a bunch of stuffed animals, just feeling safe and warm. But I had, at the same time, no goddamn clue why I felt this way since I'm a 28 year-old adult.

Wait, where am I in the first place? Why was I unconscious in the first place? I felt a little drool on my mouth and instinctively wiped it away, even though I hadn't opened my eyes. I felt really warm for some reason, but I couldn't figure out why. What was I even doing for the past few hours?

Wasn't I on a date with Saitama? Then why was I unconscious? We went to Tetsuya's, I had to do some hero stuff, then went back to hang out with the Baldy...

My eyes snapped open; I was just cuddling with Saitama. A furious blush came across my face as I realized what I had done yesterday with him. All the memories came flooding back and I remembered every little detail.

I had hugged Saitama. He put an arm around me, and I fucking cuddled closer to him? And what's even weirder, he had accepted it and just cuddled with me and somehow, some way on God's forsaken Earth, we ended up falling asleep!

My heart pounded for a bit before I heard Saitama's phone ring; it was a notification from Genos. It read, My apologies, Sensei. I had went to Fubuki's place to hang out and I had accidentally fallen asleep. Bullshit. I knew damn well that Fubuki probably lured Genos in without even knowing it. Wait, why did my phone buzz too?

I pulled it out to meet the text that Fubuki had sent me.

Honestly, I wasn't too surprised to hear that Genos and Fubuki had hit it off. She'd been pining for him for a while, but I was surprised to hear that Genos actually agreed to be in a relationship. I thought he had just been hell-bent on being a hero and getting stronger or getting revenge. One of those things were always on his mind, regardless on what was going on at the time.

But...me and Saitama? The fuck was that?

Honestly, I'm surprised he even agreed to date me. Not that I have a low self-esteem and don't think I'm worthy. I'm just surprised he was interested in anyone at all, let alone be interested in me of all people.

I'm still happy about it. Weird, to think that I'm happy about dating Saitama. I wonder if he's had these sorts of weird deep thoughts? Has he?

He probably has.

And then I realized that I was resting my head on his chest and I feel exponentially more embarrassed, but in a good way. Despite everything that went on, though, I couldn't keep my mind from wandering on what I could eat.

There probably wasn't much to eat, though. Especially with how reluctant Saitama was on buying things, I was pretty certain that it was probably only hotpot or ramen or something like that. Nothing unique. Well, I should probably get up, shouldn't I?

Carefully I lifted Saitama's arm off from around me and carefully got up from the futon. Oddly enough, even though we were sitting and not lying down in the slightest, it felt more comfortable than having in a bed.

Doesn't mean my back's fine, though. The moment I stood up, my knees nearly buckled from suddenly getting up like that. I groaned quietly, and stretched. I felt practically every bone in my body crack.