Chief

In almost every context, the word "Chief" has practically stood for a symbol of the head. The head warriors, the leaders, the war chief. All that sort of stuff. It could also just show the shortening of the word "Chieftain," which, informally used, simply means one with power in an organization.

Take, for example, the Hero Association, and the Monster Association.

Both of these are incredibly powerful organizations with their fair share of destructive beasts that have power far beyond the scope of human imagination. Those chieftains, those in power, those who bear the power of demigods or even gods themselves, those would be the chiefs of each association, or rather, the chieftains.

You see how many times the word "Chief" has popped up in the past three paragraphs? Take a shot every time, and you'll likely get drunk in some way, shape, or form. If you really wanna mess yourself up, take a shot for every time you see the word "Chief" appear in the entire section, including any word including "Chief," like "Chieftain."

Now, think about it. There are a ton, and I mean a ton, chieftains in both associations. For all intents and purposes, just think of them as the cream of the crop. Granted, there are still absolute legendary powers in both Associations that won't be mentioned, such as the high A-Class heroes or those who are considered Demon-level monsters in the Monster Association.

Here, the chieftains for each would be the S-Class, and the cadres. Pretty obvious, when you think about it. Who else would it be? Would it be the lower support team, or the fodder that was used to only distract and gather intel of the heroes on?

Obviously not. Duh.

So, of course, in the end, the battle would ultimately fall between those two groups. It's not like there would be any external third-party that could throw a wrench into either party's plans, or any person that the Monster Association didn't know about, and thus didn't account for.

Oh, wait. There was one. Well, that's for later.

Now, here's the thing. Informally speaking, the word "Chieftain" commonly just refers to a strong member of an organization, an important one. It could refer to an executive, a high-ranking general in an army, or the vice-president of the anime club. As long as it's a high-ranking member of an organization, it can probably be used informally in that context, though you may receive some weird looks for even using the word in the first place.

So...the person, or the small group of people who are about the chieftains, who hold even more power, either individually or collectively, what would you call them?

A chief, of course. Chiefs. They may not be the leader of the organization in question, but they're certainly the most powerful one. For example, the Roman Senate could be considered the Chiefs of Rome, before Rome shit the bed and screwed themselves over.

Now, the chiefs of the Monster Organization would be Orochi and Psykos, and to an extent, Black Sperm considering his immense power.

The Hero Association, however, has Tornado, and in whatever case that would draw him out, Blast. It's pretty known, however, that Blast mostly isn't considered a viable strategy for victory anymore, and for good reason.

And of course, the public weapon that the Monster Organization was simply unaware of, thinking him as their secret weapon.

The one that the public hates, that humanity pretty much views as an enemy, yet a hero to the aware.

Standing above the corpse of the Monster King, walking off in search of the leader, he whistled, somewhat bored. With his hands fiddling around with his outfit, making sure that the yellow and red hadn't been stained with any concrete powder that'd still been lying around, he'd searched around and thought that there were no results of his search.