Routine

Howdy, it's another chapter!

And this chapter is gonna be pretty weird, because it's based upon a small bit of canon that I found interesting (and minutely funny for whatever reason, it's legitimately not funny enough to be logically funny), and because it's just written originally so it isn't based on any plot in the story. Also a piece of non-canon that I put in.

Hope this story is helping y'all through quarantine!

Lastly, this chapter is also gonna be the one is directly before the resort arc, so I'm getting ready for all that stuff.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Original Release Date: March 25, 2020

~~~~~

"Sensei! Where are you going?" I questioned, turning off the faucet and quickly taking off my apron, which was unpleasantly...kawaii for my tastes, but it was a gift from Miss Fubuki and was the only one that we had bought; Sensei never found a use for buying one for himself.

"Huh?" I heard him ask as he walked out of the living room into the hallway/kitchen section of the apartment. We hadn't gotten another home even after the alien invasion. Odd, I know. Still, it was quaint enough to be satisfactory. I feel he would agree.

"Where are you going?" I repeated.

"Oh, probably going to work out or something," he answered, making me furrow my eyebrows. I was unaware that he still worked out. I supposed I might have been ignorant, thinking that he could keep himself in peak physical form had he not continued to exercise and keep his body stimulated daily.

However...what is Sensei's true workout routine?

I knew that he had...explained...his workout routine when we had dealt with the House of Evolution, but he could not have been telling the truth then. He must have been working out in another sense, or with other augmentations. No, I doubted Sensei would have taken augmentations. That does not fit with his morality.

Then...what? What sort of intense workout had he really gone through to become as strong as he must have? Perhaps I should investigate. I could contact Fubuki or perhaps even Miss Tornado about this issue, and see if they are interested in this endeavor of mine as well.

"Hey, what's that weird face of yours?" he interrogated, furrowing his eyebrows in a bit of curiosity. "I still work out, y'know."

"It's nothing, Sensei," I attempted to assure. "Just thinking about something." Luckily, that was enough to throw him off my trail, as he just shrugged it off.

"Eh, whatever," he accepted as he put on his red boots. "I'll see ya later, Genos. See ya." At that, he exited the apartment and shut the door, at which point I had already pulled out my phone and began to dial Fubuki and Miss Tatsumaki in a conference call.

It had actually been just two days since the alien invasion, and I had heard from the Hero Association that Metal Knight had already begun plans to reconstruct City A, this time without any intention for civilian life. It was...certainly unexpected. It seemed rather redundant to have an entire city be used for a single organization's use; odd enough to do that, though especially without consideration for the families of those fallen.

"What do you need now, Cyborg?" Miss Tornado begrudgingly spoke through the phone. It appeared Fubuki was also in the call, though likely awaiting my response.

"There is something that I believe you may be interested in regarding Saitama-Sensei. Would either of you like to accompany me in this endeavor, if neither of you are particularly busy?"

I could practically hear the shark-like smirk making its way onto Fubuki's face as she urged, "Sure, why not? You're coming along too, right, Sis? There might be some more monsters that you could kill in City Z while with Saitama, right?"