Chapter 2

XAVIER P.O.V:-

I have been working in my study room for hours when my phone rang.

Zach

We have been friends since high school. I'll go as far as to say, he is my brother now. We always have each other's back and our friendship started when he was working on understanding psychology of socially inept people and I was appalled when I found out, I was the first student to come in his mind because despite taking same classes for years he didn't see me with company of any friends.

I half heartedly received his call, he might be my man but I would chose my serenity over him all the seven days in a week.

"What's this time?" I asked dryly.

"'Hello, Zach, my pal. It's nice hearing from you after so long. How are you doing buddy?' 'Oh nothing, bro. Just checking on my AWOL friend'" he replied amused.

"Very funny, Zach. Now, stop skirting around or I am hanging on you"

"What crawled up your ass and died?"  he asked ignoring my warning.

"Bye Zac" I was about to hang up when he interrupted me.

"Hey!"

"Yes?"

"What's bothering you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Come on, pal. I know you enough to understand something is wrong with you?"

"What are we, bffs? Braiding and trading gossips?"

"I won't call it gossip when you are out of witty comebacks. Just spill or I am coming and I won't left until I know your name of first born"

I contemplate for a moment before deciding to feed his curiosity "I met a woman toda-" he groans.

"It always starts with meeting a woman and next thing you know, you are changing diapers"

"Why are you obsessed with babies today?"

"I don't know about you but ain't growing any younger. So, tell me about this woman"

"Never mind. Why do you call?"

"Okay. I won't pester you but if I see you in same mood tonight then you'll have to answer me"

"You are still coming over?"

"Don't sound so excited. You are coming to our new Club THE EROTICA.  And before you refuse hear me out. We need to check this club. So be here by 11 o'clock. And we need to get laid buddy" he said last past enthusiasticaly.

"I'll be there and we met yesterday in my office and this club is as new as it could be after 3 years"

"Hot -" I hung on him before he rapes my ear.

I tried to get back to work but one name constantly keeps nagging me.

ALIANA KNIGHT

She has only basics on her resume.

Age:- 30

Graduated and Mastered in business.

Previous work experiences and other contact details.

There is not much about her but I can feel in my guts, something is off about her.

Why would she run a background check on me? And how does she know my Dad? And why would he insist me to give her the job? He could have called me weeks ago when my company hadn't advertised for the P. A, why today?