Chapter 3

ALIANA

In middle of my breakfast, I received a call from Ellie on my private cell.

"Shoot" with her I avoid pleasantries.

She can't digest that.

"Aye Aye Captain" she replied in her infamous excited voice.

I rolled my eyes and after a pause I finally replied.

"Ellie"

"Urgh!!! You bore. I got a new BOYFRIEND" she replied in her sing-sang voice.

"Aahaaa!!  And why am I not surprised?" I mocked her because she usually keeps changing her boyfriends after her first serious relationship which left her heartbroken.

"Fuck of bitch! We are going for a partyyyyy" to which I literally pulled my phone out of my reach.

"Sure. I am in" I replied calmly.

Although I am anything  but calm.

"Really?" she asked shocked because I never give in easily.

"Yeah but house party. You can dance, eat,  shout and do whatever you want. My apartment is yours for tonight. You can even invite your boyfriend." I tried to lure her in name of her boyfriend. I don't care much about her boyfriend because I know he is next in her list. Also I have work tomorrow so I can't go clubbing.

"I can't believe this. Are you actually allowing me to invite my boyfriend at your apartment?" obviously she is puzzled because this is the first time, I am allowing her friends in my apartment.

"Yeah. Sure I did. It's a win-win situation"

"Thank you!!Thank you!!Thank you!!"
why is she that excited? 
He is her new fling anyway.

"I am tagging two more friends of mine then. You can also tag yours"

I knew it.  I just knew it. She is not that easy to lure.

"Fine then, I am inviting Liam" I only have him for now.

"Oh that annoying buddy of yours" they both bicker a lot.

"Yeah that Annoying buddy of mine. Don't worry, you are still on top"

"Still you trust me with all your secrets" she reminded me playfully but it's a serious topic. She can't go talking around about my secret.

"And it's supposed to be a secret. So no more discussion on it. I am heading to work. See you tonight" I informed her in my serious tone.

"Bye Thank you Ana. Take care" and I finally hung up.

Now let's face  Mr. Almighty Boss of mine.

I was heading towards my cabin when  I hear commotion inside Xavier's office.

I ignored and went to cafeteria in order to make coffee for him just the way I used to drink when I was a stupid child.

I felt someone was beside me. As I turned, I saw a man of my age with hazel eyes and blond hair. He was wearing button-up blue shirt and slack. He was oogling at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked him professionally.

He came out of his day dreaming and replied with his smile.

"Yeah. You seem to be new here. Can I know name of the beautiful face?" it's cheesy but I can sense he is harmless, that's all I know but he is different in a weird way.

"Aliana Knight" after a pause I asked "and you? "

"James Carter. You have a pretty name" I am about to reply when my boss announced in his all angry voice.