UNDERSTANDINGS

XAVIER'S P.O.V:-
I am officially screwed!  What I did yesterday, I can't even justify my actions.

I knocked out last night and when I woke up Aliana was nowhere to be seen. I asked Ellie about her whereabouts, I managed to get Liam's contact no. from Ellie, even he doesn't know where she is.

My private investigator and his team is already on hunt.

It's been three days, I haven't heard from her. She even left her cellphones. I haven't touched alcohol from that night. My body can't function properly due to lack of sleep and food but a part of me knows that she is safe. I don't know where she is but she is fine.

I know she'll never forgive me but still I have to apologize. Then I'll never bother her.

I am dying in guilt. I had told everything to Ellie. She is not speaking to me. I feel, I'll die another second if I don't find her. I stay at her apartment.

Space beside me dipped making me know that someone is sitting beside me but I know that someone is not Aliana.

"Xavier!" It's Ellie.

This is the first time she spoke  since Aliana left.

I don't reply but nod to let her know I'm listening.

"She is not angry with you" I snap my head towards her.

"What do you mean?" my voice is dipping with hope and expectations.

"She'll understand you. What you did and why you did. Actually she completed her schooling at the age of 17 and graduation at the age of 23. Her IQ is superior than others. She is having an IQ level of 156, that's the reason she understands other persons more precisely. Our age is same but she is more mature than me. So don't worry she'll understand you. And please eat something." she says assuring me.

But I'm not convinced because I know I'm guilty. It was a wrong move.

"No, Ellie. I committed a huge mistake even knowing about her past. How can I be so stupid?. Actually I'm a bastard. I can't forgive myself then how could I expect that from Aliana" I hung my head low, holding my nape with both hands, I tug my hair tightly.

"Xavier, please don't kill yourself. You are stinking by the way" she adds the last sentence playfully but I know I'm stinking real bad.

"That he is" listening her voice, I jump and turn back to see Aliana is standing.

In few long strides, I approach her. She is looking me without even blinking. I engulf her in a tight hug.

"Thank god, you're back. You nearly killed me goddammit." she is not hugging me back but I'm happy having her back .

I pull away and examine her. She looks fine. Almost perfect as if nothing happened, as if she was not missing, as if she is not a bit hurt.

She raise her hand and I'm ready to receive a slap from her so I shut my eyes but to my surprise she caress my cheeks. I open my eyes and am about to apologize but she she steps back.

"Have a bath. We need to talk" saying this she turns to Ellie.

"Ellie, we too need to talk. It's important but for now my priority is this" she glance me once before continuing and I hardly cover my smile "So see you later"

"OK but before you take any decisions, just know that he has not eaten, not bath and not even left your place for once, in a hope that you'll come back and you'll need someone by your side. So just take it in your concern"  Ellie smile towards me and I smile back half-hearted.