DETERMINED

XAVIER'S P.O.V:-
She has proof. She was having damn proof yet she never mentioned them to me. Ever.

Date of video recording is 5 September 2016. Means Aliana was 23 by that time.

In video, I can only see my father in our home office and by recognizing the voice and hands, I know the girl who has pen camera tugged in her top is Aliana.

"Uncle Sam, I wanna discuss about something very important and confidential" Aliana said whilst drumming her fingers on table. I can sense cautious in her voice. She is contemplating whether to ask or not.

"I'm always here to help you honey" dad replied smiling affectionately.

They seem pretty close then why dad did that to us? More precisely to her?

"Here, this is an anonymous girl, I named her Angel so let's go with the Angel. I deem that she is connected to you. Do you recognise her?"

She showed him some photos of Angel.
Dad stiffened looking at the photos. His face lost all color and it seems that he saw a ghost. He kept looking Angel's photos for so long without any moment that I thought video is paused.

Angel clutched my hands tightly, gaining my attention, only to see her tears eyes. I gently wiped her tears off and shook my head in 'No'. She smiled half hearted.

We turn to the screen, waiting for his answers.

Finally he replied and his reply sent goosebumps all over my body. I can even feel hairs on my nape standing.
Angel sobbed hard hugging me. I hugged her back, controlling my own emotions.

"NO! I have never seen her before. But where did you met her?" he asked still looking at the photos with longing eyes.

"A...I.... Um...Are you sure?" Aliana asked taken aback of his reply.

"Yeah. Pretty sure. I'm a businessman honey, I don't forget faces" he lied through his teeth. "You never answered my question . Where did you met her?" he asked with quivering voice.

"That's for me to know. Just keep it as a secret. I don't want a soul to know about my Angel. She'll be under my care until I find her family" Aliana said standing up to leave.

"Just take care of her" dad said with pleading eyes.

"You don't have to worry about her" she replied angrily but controlled herself when she noticed his hurt eyes.
"I mean, She is my top most priority from now. I'll do only best for her" she left but not before hearing a faint 'Thank you' from dad.

Video end.

"Why bro?" Angel asked crying hysterically. I just hugged her tightly, whispering nothing but sweet things to her. After some time, she gathered herself and played another recording.

A call recording.

"How are you doing honey?" I heard dad's voice.

"I'm doing good. What about you?" It's Aliana's voice.

"I'm fine. I just wanted to know about well being of the girl named Angel. How is she?" he asked nervously.

Aliana didn't speak for few seconds.
She took a deep breath before speaking.

"Do you by any chance know her?" she asked desperated.

I shut my eyes tightly hearing her voice. She was desperate to know about Angel's family but it was my dad who kept refusing her.