I TRUST HIM

ALIANA P.O.V:-
When Xavier applied ointment on my soar throat, I informed him about my meeting with Edward Russo. As expected, he asked me to accompany me but I refused sternly. There is no room for discussion when it comes to his safety. When I don't know who is he and what he is capable of, then how can I tag him along? It was hard to make him agree but eventually he did with sour face.

After that, Liam and I, went to the restaurant. He stayed in car whilst I entered the restaurant.

"Reservation under Mr. Russo" I asked the receptionist, whose name was Amelia.

She smiled politely and lead me to a private cabin which is isolated from all other cabins and table. She opened the door  "Mr. Russo, your guest is here" she informed to the man sitting inside.

"Send her" he replied sounding nervous? I smirked at tone of his voice.

She gestured me to get inside. I did so.

A man in his late 20's,  maybe around 30 is sitting on a couch. He has strangely familiar eyes but slightly dull. He looks fine. He is sitting stiff and in alert posture. His fingers are playing with spoon and his one leg is tapping on the floor, showing clear sign of nervousness and fear.

"Aliana Knight" I introduced myself and he jumped on his feet hastly.

"Edward Russo" he shakes my outstretched hand firmly, trying to act confident.

We got settled on our seat. For next few minutes I kept looking at him intently, placing my hands on table and intertwined my fingers. I studied his every move. He kept avoiding my eyes and held his gaze on food.

"I want what you have" I said calmly because he is already nervous enough to pee in his pants.

"Everything comes with a price" he replied looking in my eyes for 1 second, then quickly diverted his eyes, shifting on his seat.

"What's the price here?" I ask glaring him. He gulped audibly and sip his wine.

"A night with you" he said in low voice that I had to strain my ears to listen.

I clenched and unclenched my hand in anger. I so want to punch his sorry face right now. But I'm not gonna lose my calm in public. I shut my eyes tightly, breathing heavily and I'm damn sure, my eyes would have changed to red right now. When I close my eyes, I see Xavier's smiling face, a natural smile appear on my lips.  I opened my eyes to see Edward Russo, visibly relaxed due to my smile.

"A night with hearts and flowers or sex?" I asked smirking to show I'm not affected.

"Sex" he replied after drinking his 3rd glass of wine.

He is getting confident by my smile and wine is adding fuel to his confidence.

"I have a boyfriend and I'm not gonna cheat hi-" he interrupted me from speaking any further.

"Xavier" he said with venom in his voice.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Xavier. Xavier King, Your boyfriend. I know who you are and I even know you both are together" he said in one breathe as if completing a speech.

"What bullshit you are talking about?" I ask faking my confused expression but I know I'm busted and if I fail to solve this case soon, I'll be doomed.

"Katherine Knight. World famous Criminal Lawyer, never lost a single case. You are still on your case but in love with The Billionaire Xavier King, who is the king of business world. Don't you think you both are very powerful and dangerous couple for people like us" he said in calm tone and smirked but soon vanished when he saw my angry expression.