LOSE TO WIN

ALIANA'S P.O.V:-
It's been a week since the meeting with Edward Russo. Today I got a text from Liam 'Check the tabloids and daily news magazine'

I tip toed to living room and spot the magazine on center table.

There is an unusual feeling in my chest like I know what I'm gonna see is far from my liking. Yet I decided to check it.

On the first page, Xavier's picture in his business attire, where he is posing for a watch company, maybe of his own company. 'MOST DESIRED BILLIONAIRE IS TAKEN'

"Shit!" I curse some more colorful profanities.

I gingerly flipped the next page. I shut my eyes closed and crumbled the magazine in tight fist. I read again 'BILLIONAIRE XAVIER KING DATING HIS P.A, ALIANA KNIGHT'

There are many ridiculous questions regarding Rebecca and his relationship, comparing me with her.

In middle, a picture of me and Xavier coming out of a restaurant, where Xavier's one hand is on my hips and other is tucking my hair behind my ear and my hand, in which I wear the promise ring, is visible because I have placed that hand above Xavier's hand that is on my face and we both are looking in each other's eyes.

Even a passerby can see that we are in love.

In tabloids it's mentioned that we are engaged.

I slump on couch, hung my head low due to sudden pain. Xavier came down running and hugged me. He is speaking something but I can't make a single word.

Have you ever tried to feel the agony of the person, who is lying on ventilator and knows that he is gonna die in few days?  I'm feeling that pain now. The loss of time and what ifs are revolving around my mind. Paparazzi will dig into my past and soon they will know my real identity, maybe tomorrow or in next 2 days, I will be revealed. I'm gonna lose what I have risked so far.

Uncle Sam would never understand my reasons and a part of me knows that my reasons were not valid enough for him. I'm gonna lose my job, my reputation and most importantly, I'm gonna lose this case.

The record I made of never losing is gonna break. My enemies will hunt me like their prey.

I took a deep calm breath because I knew this was going to happen sooner or later but to be honest, I had a slight hope.

"KATHERINE ALIANA KNIGHT" Xavier loud voice peirce through my ear and I snap back to reality but to my surprise Zach, Ellie, Liam and Robert is also here.

They all have same expression. Expression of concern and sympathy except Ellie and Xavier who has horrified expression.

"Yes" I turn to Xavier and gasp because his condition is worse than mine.

His eyes are bloodshot red and his natural pink lips are pale. I grab his both hands and to my astonishment his hands are freezing cold.

"I can't live without you" he said in low voice with quivering lips.

I have seen him breaking down for his sister Sophia. But I have never seen him that helpless. He is holding my hands so tight like he is depending on me for his dear life. But his sentence confused me.

"Why would I leave you?" confusion and shock is evident in my voice.

I know I can still save me from losing anything if I break with Xavier but it's not even an option for me. He is much more important than anything else.

"Because I know, the only way to save you is to break us apart and I can't leave without you but I'm not stopping you, in fact I'll support you because for me you are more important than myself" he sounds broken and hopeless.