4. The Trio

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

The first two classes on the next day of the second years were canceled due to some unavoidable official meetings. Manik, though half-heartedly, sighed in relief as he wouldn't be facing the nightmarish chemistry professor.

On the other hand, when Abhimanyu realized that Nandu was ignoring him since the previous day but was okay with Mukti, he plans ways to strike a conversation. He heard the girls were talking about going to the canteen and having some breakfast before their classes resume.

When they picked up their bags and started moving, Abhi tried his luck and questioned. "Are you going to the canteen?"

Rolling her eyes, Nandu turned her back towards Abhimanyu. "I don't know what's more pathetic. People trying to eavesdrop or in their desperation pretending to be deaf", she told Mukti.

Ignoring the taunt, he grinned, hopefully. "Can we join you?"

She doesn't turn and again spoke to Mukti again, "I have nothing to do with any of these creatures. If you are interested, you can join them as well. I am leaving." She walked away without glancing back at any of them. Mukti slapped her head looking at her two best friends. Giving an 'I-can't-help-you' look to Abhimanyu, even she followed Nandu.

As Abhimanyu, involuntarily, took a step to follow the girls, Manik stopped him. "Don't. She is dangerous and scary as it is. Now, she is angry too."

"Who? Nandu?", asked Abhimanyu.

Manik nodded, looking around as if she would appear from thin air making Abhi burst out laughing.

"She is sweet. Don't be scared. Just a little bit angry", assured Abhi, picking up his bag, "Come. Let me introduce you to her."

Not really confident about the result of Abhi's idea, Manik sighed in relief when he gets a call. "You move ahead. I need to take this call", told Manik to Abhimanyu.

"Are you sure you can find the canteen without getting lost? Do you want me to wait till you finish the call?", Abhi suggested, ready to drop his bag from his shoulders.

"No. I have seen the canteen. I will be there in a few minutes", Manik gave him a smile, meanwhile, sliding the green option on his mobile. Waving his hand at Manik, Abhi left the room.

After Manik finishing the call, he started rotating his mobile between his fingers, thinking whether to join his friends at the canteen or not when someone hugs him from the back. He broke the hug and turned around to face the person. Seeing the girl in front of him giving him a creepy smile, he instinctively took a step backward. "What are you doing here?", he snapped without bothering to soften up his tone.

The girl ran a finger across his face. "Why are you so shocked to see me here, baby? Am I not the one to recommend this college to your mom? Come on, give me a hug now, baby", she tried to wrap her hands around him but Manik was quick to push her away.

"I told you, I don't like these things. Leave me, please. I have to go", he pleaded, pushing her hands off him again but stubborn that she was, the girl still tried her advancements. She was the only one who made him regret his choices of burying his nose in the books instead of working out like his brother. He really wished for Cabir. Cabir would have saved him as he always does. He was into his rant, trying to maintain the distance between them and failing miserably when a voice boomed through the empty classroom.

"ALYA SAXENA, HE ASKED YOU TO LEAVE HIM"

Alya looked offended. She scowled at the source. Relief washing over his face, Manik does the same where they found Nandini with her hands shoved in her jeans pockets.