27. Manik's Girlfriend

Hello Fam :)

Sorry for the note earlier. But I am fine really. I just needed to get out of all the news that was going around. The accusations and predictions. Otherwise, I am totally fine. The situation I had explained there is about a few years back and it's in the past. I am grateful for all the things that happened in life because it gave me writing which has been my greatest source of peace and happiness. It gave me you guys who have showered me all the love. YOU ARE AMAZING. :)

Happy Reading...

Nandini bunked the college again but unlike other times, she asked Mukti to meet up at the Thakkar house to get a headstart on the preparations for the exams. To avoid misunderstandings, she took a picture of them studying and sent it to her English professor, making sure Abhimanyu is clear in the picture. Nandini and Mukti managed to pass their exams because they had Abhimanyu who had organized notes, almost all of them. It worked for them previously but the current semester was tougher than the previous ones and they realized it one hour into the study.

"Do you think we should take external help?", asked Nandini, from her position on the bed. Her head was already aching.

"You know, after bunking all those classes, the professors would definitely kill us if we go to them", told Mukti.

There was a ping in everyone's mobile. Cabir had posted the pictures from some forest. He had an assignment from his internship guide.

"Does that mean Manik is the only one who is attending the classes today?", asked Abhimanyu.

Nandini frowned. "You know who could be our external help? Our very own genius textbook", she exclaimed, grinning. She knew the boy would have compensated all his missing notes through some video lectures.

XXX

Since their first class had been suspended due to some meeting, Nandini had asked Manik to wait for them in the canteen. She saw Cabir at the parking lot.

"Why aren't you hanging off your brother's arm?", she asked as a greeting.

The boy, who hardly took offense at her words, grinned at her. "I am coming directly from the forest. Did you see my pics? Tell me you are impressed with them", he said, almost jumping at his place in excitement.

Nandini rolled her eyes. Wildlife suited him well. She wouldn't be surprised if he would turn into an animal someday, not that he was any short of one. Abhimanyu slung his arm around Cabir and exaggerated praises about his pictures while Mukti gave a thumbs up before walking beside Nandini.

She stopped herself from running into Cabir's back just in time as the younger Malhotra halted in his steps but before she could react, he stalked forwards, his footsteps heavy. Confused, Nandini glanced at the direction he went and was surprised to see a girl really hanging on Manik's arm. Her unfamiliar face told Nandini that she was in her first year. Manik had a confused smile on his face as the girl talked his ears off.

Nandini exchanged glances with her best friends and when they shrugged, they all followed Cabir.

"Soha, stay away from my brother", yelled Cabir.

The girl, Soha, pouted and tugged at Manik's hand. "Baby, he is insulting me."

Baby?

"Cabir, she is my girlfriend", informed Manik.

"Interesting", muttered Abhimanyu before pulling one of the chairs to sit down. He was far too amused about the whole situation.

Nandini rolled her eyes at her best friend. "I am not sure if he understands what a girlfriend means and he too has one now", she whispered to Mukti earning a chuckle from her. They took the seat and let Cabir unfold the drama.