26. Just Another Day

Hello Fam :)

A/N - I have uploaded the sequel of Crazy Best Friends. The first chapter is already up. Those who were waiting, please give it a read. :)

Happy Reading...

When Nandini went to college, she was stopped by the peon, Hariprasad, on her way to the classroom.

"Nandini, will you check if there are any changes?", he asked. "I have to go and announce it in all the classes."

Nandini chuckled at his tired tone when he said about the students. She took the papers out of his hands and started going through them. It was about the upcoming elections and an announcement asking students to put in their names for nominations. "Hari Bhaiya, aren't you excited to meet our extraordinary students?", she asked, without taking her eyes off the papers in her hand.

"Trust me, I would rather keep myself at least a meter away from these extraordinary students. So, no", he replied.

"How about I accompany you making these announcements?", she asked. She has missed a lot many classes and now it doesn't matter. She isn't able to get her head around what they are teaching and promised herself to study but as soon as she reached her house, her will to do any work was going haywire.

The look on the peon was that of pure relief when he realized he didn't have to go through this alone. Nandini shook her head, smiling, before heading towards the classrooms.

XXX

They started with the third year because the third years were the most decent among all the students. As soon as Nandini entered the classroom, they hooted. She gave her a customary bow and grinned at their welcome. They were practically her seniors when she joined the college and she often worked with the previous head students during the first year. She never knew when her friendship expanded to the whole classroom but almost everyone was jovial with her.

"Did the queen really grace us with her presence?", asked a guy.

Nandini rolled her eyes, her grin intact, as she let the peon make the announcement. One of the seniors raised his hand and when she noticed the playful smirk on his face, she braced herself for some fun.

"As the announcement says, anyone could contest, right? Does that include me?", he asked.

"Of course, sir. Anyone can contest but the work starts from the next semester and it might be difficult to manage your placements along with the head duties. I am not sure but since we are electing the head boy this late, maybe he might continue even for the next year. You know, it might be impossible to manage this responsibility along with your high paying job", she explained.

"I haven't got a job yet", told the boy with a sad pout.

"I am confident about your capabilities, senior", she told, sincerely. Really, if there was only one batch who could succeed in their life, it's them.

The previous head girl shook her head. "Nandini, you sure do know how to get your work done sweetly. No third year has ever contested in an election before, so it wouldn't start this year."

She nodded and turned to the guy from before. "Sir, I will make sure you get the perfect farewell next semester."

"We trust you, Nandini", the whole class screamed. She dramatically bowed in front of them before leaving the class along with the peon.

"Is it your class already?", asked the peon.

She thanked a hundred times when it was Prof. Verma, the English professor instead of the chemistry guy. She wasn't in a mood to pick an argument with him. After repeating the announcement again, Nandini waited for them to ask if they had any doubts. The announcement literally said Harshad had stepped down as the head boy due to some unforeseen circumstances. Mukti rolled her eyes, Manik frowned and ducked his head, Abhimanyu smirked and Nandini ignored all her friends to listen to the girl who raised her hand.