48. Farewell

Hello Fam :)

A/N - The economy of our country is down. Food is precious. Hence, no throwing eggs and tomatoes on the writer. Deal? 

Warning: I am really sorry but there's another chapter. This went long and I want to keep these two separate and since I am in a hurry to write the next one, I haven't reread the chapter too. There might be mistakes, errors, or loopholes in the plot. Feel free to mention them. I am coming back to this later. 

Happy Reading...

Nandini was sitting at her abandoned cabin. It was their farewell. From tomorrow, she would be an alumnus of her college. Her final year was a blur. Neither Manik nor Nandini were interested in the college placements and hence when the principal had asked them to continue as the head students for one more year, they didn't have any excuse to turn it down. Surprisingly, it was the students who had suggested the idea to the Principal and by the end of the year, they were the favorite head pair of the college. Manik's little idea ad worked tremendously and many clubs had emerged. It kept the students busy along with their studies and the students had started seeing them for their work instead of the baseless rumors.

Between attending classes, head duties, and few outings both with her friends and Manik, it was the most Nandini had enjoyed during an academic year. The final year thesis and her personal projects regarding Murthy Industries had kept her busy when she was alone. Her parents didn't try to interfere in her life much and overall, it was the best year she could have ever asked.

"What are you doing here? The farewell's inside."

Nandini turned around to find Manik. She gave him a smile as he took a seat beside her. "I would miss this place." It has become their place. Whenever the college became too much, they would sneak back to the cabin either alone or together. At least, their friends knew if either of them was inaccessible during the college hours, they would find them here.

Manik nodded but otherwise didn't comment.

"I don't want to leave college yet. Is it only me?", she asked.

"I still have Cabir here. It's not over for me yet but yeah, I will miss this place. I literally grew up here", he said and chuckled.

Nandini laughed at that. If it was Nandini's home for three years, it was so much more for Manik too. "Real-world tomorrow. Did you get your acceptance letter yet?", she asked.

"Not yet. I am waiting still."

"Same with me", she told. It was a huge coincidence when they were discussing future prospective and Manik had mentioned about doing an MBA at London University. Nandini had applied for the same. They hadn't discussed it before but it felt like a gift from an unknown sender and Nandini accepted it wholeheartedly. She was looking forward to it to some point. Mukti was taking up a software job at least for a year before deciding on her masters. Abhimanyu might join his company and until Mukti's decision. She was sure the love birds would choose to do their masters together at least in the same university, if not the same branch. Mukti would be going into computers.

"Nandini, can we talk?"

Nandini didn't realize she had lost in her thoughts. It was happening a lot today. She nodded at Manik. There wasn't too much light over there but the light from college decoration gave it a romantic background. Nandini bit her lip to control her emotions. It wasn't the time for this. She looked at Manik, who was playing with his fingers. He was nervous for some reason. Nandini frowned at that. "What's wrong?", she asked him.

Manik shook his head before taking a breath. He let out a nervous laugh. "When I first came to this college, I didn't know the two years here would change my entire life. Cabir and Mom were the only two I had in my life and then we met with an accident. You were so out of my league. I couldn't understand you. I was terrified of you and here I am now at the backside of our college, choosing you among the rest of the college", he said and chuckled.