18. A Special Friend

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Cabir was officially bored.

It was Sunday and the boys had all the house for themselves as Nyonika was out. Cabir lazed around till afternoon before Mr. Manik Malhotra dragged him down to the dining table and forced some food into his system. Mr. Manik Malhotra used to be adorable because he loved Cabir like his baby and cared for him. Cabir was too in love with Mr. Manik Malhotra until that dreadful moment when Mr. Manik Malhotra showed his true colors.

Mr. Manik Malhotra went through his notebooks and forced him to do his homework. Mr. Manik Malhotra didn't even listen when Cabir told him, he never listened to any class. Instead, Mr. Manik Malhotra gave him a few video lectures to refer and dumped his textbooks on Cabir's desk. The whole ordeal might or might not have something to do with Cabir accidentally picking on the ends of a really old novel of his brother and not letting him read his current novel.

For whatever be the reason, he lost any fondness over Mr. Manik Malhotra but the ideal brother that he was, he went and tried to listen to the lectures. By the time his head almost threatened to fall off from his neck, it was seven in the evening. Grabbing his keys, he went across the floor and found Mr. Manik Malhotra engrossed in his new novel without a care in the world. Betrayal. Cabir glared at the novel who was the reason behind the rift between his once-favorite brother and him and then he left without making a noise.

He had some clubbing to do after stuffing all those highly dangerous information inside his sensitive brain.

XXX

Cabir sipped his drink. It was boring. Even though it was Sunday and the club was a little bit crowded, he warmed his way through the bartender to get his drink within minutes using a casual wink and a few picky lines.

Skills. Skills.

All his friends from the city either already had their plans for the night or were finishing their pending works for the coming week. Damn. Kids nowadays don't have planning in life. Look at him, keeping the class and homework up to date. At that instant, Cabir halted his thought process because one more word and even his brain would realize him going overboard. He came to his initial thought.

It was boring.

He craned his neck casually to find something interesting and smirked when he found a girl sipping her drink, a few chairs away from them. Someone interesting. He sauntered towards her dodging the others on his way.

"May I have the privilege to buy a drink for this fallen angel?", he asked to gain the attention of his head girl.

Nandini rotated on her seat and frowned at him. "Don't you have any other work than constantly flirting with random girls?", she asked.

Cabir pouted. In his list of people who punctured his ego regularly, this girl would lose to his mom with a very negligible margin. He shuddered on a hypothetical thought of what would happen if they both would gang upon him. He prayed for himself and glanced up at the source of all his thoughts recently. She went back to sipping her drink and royally ignoring him. What the hell? He poked at her shoulder to gain her attention again. "You aren't some stranger", he told her and grinned. "In fact, you are way too special for me than I have initially assessed you to be."

Nandini snapped her head at him. "I won't think twice to kill you if you utter any nonsense from that garbage mouth of yours, Mr. Malhotra."

Cabir felt old at being referred to as Mr. Malhotra. He mentally apologized to Manik for having called him as one since the afternoon. "Am I not even allowed to share my happiness with you?", he asked. "Wait a minute. Why do you always think that I will propose to you or something? I have told you, I have a girlfriend."