14. My brother's babysitter?

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

It was during lunch when Cabir realized he hadn't listened to a single word in any of the classes during the first half. He had multiple thoughts running in every direction as Nandini's words from the morning were playing repeatedly in his mind. Slinging his bag over his shoulders, he went to the canteen. He would tackle one plan at a time.

The canteen was crowded as usual but he found the person he was searching for at her usual table. He also noticed the absence of his brother from the group and mentally thanked his luck. He strolled towards them and sat in front of the head girl, who was stuffing her mouth with a cheeseburger. "What's up, guys?", he greeted everyone.

Nandini frowned. "Why are you sitting with us? Don't you have friends of your age? Go sit with them."

Cabir smirked. "I am."

"That face has a story behind it. Isn't Manik your elder brother?", asked Abhimanyu.

Mukti raised an eyebrow. "Unless you want to tell us that you two are twins?"

Cabir bows his head down dramatically.

Nandini's brows furrowed in confusion. "But he calls you kid and we thought you were younger than him", she asked.

"I am a whole 4 minutes and 36 seconds younger than him. Un-identical twins", explained Cabir as he popped a french fry from Nandini's plate.

She rolled her eyes and slapped his hand. "Un-identical in every way", she muttered.

Cabir glared at her and tried to snatch the french fry again.

"But how are you an academic year younger to him", asked Abhimanyu, halting them in their fight.

"I love wildlife photography", explained Cabir. "I was doing an internship for a year."

"Really?", asked Mukti excitedly, "Where were you?"

Cabir smirked all the while looking at Nandini. "While you guys are stuffing yourself with the cheeseburgers of your canteen, I was camping with the wildlife of Africa."

Nandini gritted her teeth. "I will kill you if you are mocking me."

"No, really? Is cheeseburger your favorite? I have just joined the college and I have seen you more number of times with the cheeseburgers than you attending classes", teased Cabir. "How do you even manage your figure despite eating all those junk? Do you workout?"

"Do you want me to punch you?", retorted Nandini.

"Are you trying ways to touch me?", he asked and winked, clearly enjoying the pissed off look on her face.

"You are so dead today, Malhotra", said Nandini and stood up from her chair.

It was only because Abhimanyu had a grip on her hand as he pulled her back to her place. "Guys, you are fighting like kids", he said before giving Cabir a grin. "On a serious note, it's wow, Cabir. Your internship, I mean. It's cool."

Nandini slapped Abhimanyu's hand, freeing herself. "It's not cool. He is a Jungli. Forests are his natural habitats", she told and turned to face Cabir, pointing a finger in his direction. "And you, stop being clingy and go make your own friends."

Cabir frowned. "What's wrong with you? Why are you behaving as if I have eaten your cheeseburger? It's just the fries."

"I will break all your bones if you even try to think about coming near my cheeseburger", warned Nandini.

Cabir smirked at her as he leaned back casually. "You are really so desperate to touch me, right? I know, I am handsome."

She looked at him in disbelief. "Get lost", she told and stormed out of the canteen.