44. The Meeting

Hello Fam :)

Chapter isn't edited. Sorry.

@ShanayaYMalhotra, I saw your message. It surprises me too when people drop in random comments or messages saying they love my work. Personally, I don't know how to react to those. So, I get awkward and write a plain and formal 'thank you. means the world to me' but trust me when I say this, it brings a huge smile on my face. You guys make my day when things go tough. When I feel alone or feel no one loves me enough, I go back to those chapters and read your comments. It keeps me going sometimes. So, thank you to each one of you. You are all special. 

P.S - This isn't the last chapter. :P

Happy Reading...

"Who's available in the tech department?", asked Nandini to the Murthy office receptionist.

She was never happier about Valentines week. It meant her parents would gag the world around their vicinity by their 'love' and wouldn't drop out of blue. According to her father, keeping up appearances are the most important. According to Nandini, that was the only thing they cared about.

The receptionist smiled at her before logging into her system. "Vishal is available. Do you want me to call him for you?", she asked.

"No. Why don't you call him to the board room? And ask him to be discreet", said Nandini. She had met him once or twice and he was a nice person. Hardworking and hardly danced to her parents orders as opposed to the other guy. The only reason why he wasn't fired from his job yet was because he knew too many company secrets and Nandini knew how to use them against her parents.

By the time she reached the boardroom, Vishal was already waiting for her with his laptop. He stood up when he saw her and waved awkwardly at her before pulling his hand down. "Sorry, Ma'am", he muttered.

"Just because I haven't come to office in a few days doesn't mean you would start calling me 'ma'am'", she told him. Her mother insisted everyone to address her as 'ma'am' and Nandini decided she would be strictly against it, at least until she takes over the company.

He visibly relaxed and smiled at her. "I don't know how to act around you sometimes", he told.

"For not knowing how to act around, you sure know how to put your bosses in check", she pointed out.

He flashed her a grin and she chuckled in disbelief. Vishal was just a year or two older than her and it wasn't awkward to interact with him as compared to other senior employees.

"Let's talk business. I want you to do something for me and confidential", she told.

"I am all up for confidential stuff", he told sincerely but there was a smirk hidden somewhere.

Nandini had her own smirk. "Hack into my father's email address and tell me if there are any recent emails exchanged between him and any of the Singhal family", she told. Nandini had the password to the company's email address since she kept a track of every deal made from Murthy Industries. It was impossible to send a mail without her knowledge through the company id. If her father had contacted through his personal id, there's definitely something suspicious.

He took another fifteen minutes before exclaiming. "I have a phone number here and that's the only thing in the mail."

"Date and Subject?"

"Two weeks ago and Contact for Bigger Fish."

Nandini rolled her eyes at that. Yeah, Nyonika Malhotra was the bigger fish here. "How can I know who's number it is?", she asked.

"Private number but I can tell you it's last location. Give me a minute", he told. "Spain."

Nandini groaned. Spain was where they went for vacations.