17. A Mother's Love

Hello Fam :)

A request - If you have an Instagram account, please do like this post. It's some contest and my sister is participating. Link is on my message board.
Thank you. :)

Happy Reading...

Warning: Dhamaka ho raha hai idhar. :P

It was a quiet dinner at the Malhotra Mansion and Cabir was itching to talk. He always had difficulty in following the rules but this one, no talking while eating food was getting on his nerves. Between Manik and Nyonika, it's not like even if he disobeyed them, anyone would talk to him. But that's okay. He could hold a conversation for hours single-handedly. Another talent of his that the world is jealous of. Taking matters into his hands, Cabir was about to open his mouth when Nyonika cleared her throat.

"Both of you, come to my room after dinner. Excuse me", she told them and left for her room.

Cabir shot daggers at her retreating back. If there was a list of people who regularly punctured his ego, his own mother would top the list.

"Baby bro, stop doing that and finish your dinner", interrupted Manik.

Cabir lightly banged his fork on the table. "Don't you realize, she is bossing over us", he argued.

"No", told Manik.

Of course, his brother would never find a fault in anything that their precious mother does. Manik might have realized him becoming the next target of Cabir's mighty daggers because he rolled his eyes.

"Kid, what do you love the most? Food or anger?", asked Manik.

"Of course, food", he answered in a heartbeat.

Manik grinned. "Then concentrate on getting energy into your system, kid."

Cabir glared at his twin for five seconds straight before concentrating on food. If he had to survive a meeting with his mother, he has to have energy in his system.

XXX

Nyonika's bed was scattered with various clothes and papers as she packed her bags when the two Malhotra kids went to her room. Manik, on instinct, went to help her only to be stopped by his mother. "Manik, it's okay. Give me a few minutes. I will clear this and get back to you", she told.

"Let me help you, please", said Manik and smiled so sweetly that it made Cabir both protect him and bang his head on some hard surface.

When would his brother stop helping people unnecessarily without expecting anything in return? He rolled his eyes and fought a smile because Manik's was infectious that even Nyonika Malhotra had to smile. As the two started clearing the room, for what appeared to be another trip of Nyonika's, Cabir smirked and watched them.

His ability to mess up his room was genetic, coming directly from the tough and the queen of the business world, Nyonika Malhotra, herself. He wanted to confess it out loud and wondered about the consequences of leaking a picture of this room to some of the news channels. He halted his thought process when he realized that would be no less than signing up a death contract for himself and went back to simple smirking after taking a comfortable seat for himself on the couch.

Manik was shooting daggers at him, maybe asking him to help or because he knew what Cabir was thinking or both because come on, who else would know the internal workings of his brain if not for his over-analytical twin.

"I am going to a meeting for a week. I want you two to keep out of trouble", she told, looking directly at Cabir.

Cabir looked at his watch. It was too early in a conversation to pick up a fight right now.