39. I'll Protect You

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Unfortunately, Nandini wasn't as lucky as she thought herself to be. She was getting ready for her college when she heard her mother entering her room. They might have returned sometime after she went to sleep the previous day.

"Are you going to college, darling?", asked Mrs. Murthy.

"We both know how much of a darling I am to you", she muttered. "Come straight to the point."

Her mother glared at her. "I told your father, you don't deserve even the minimum amount of love."

"Wow!", exclaimed Nandini, "Didn't he already know that?"

"You are such a brat", she told, shaking her head in disappointment. "I don't know how Manik would handle you."

"It's more than a month now. Haven't you given up this utterly brilliant plan of yours?", she asked. "I am warning you, mother. Stop dragging Manik into your schemes. Hurt him or any of my friends, you wouldn't ever step around Murthy premises again." She grabbed her bag and stormed off for her college, dumping all her hope on Nyonika Malhotra.

XXX

After Cabir inquired about the secret conversation between Manik and Nandini, he was pleased to hear the trust their head girl had placed on his brother. Hence, as an appreciation for his brilliant brain, he had not only somehow convinced Manik that he was in love with Nandini but also to propose his feelings for the said head girl. On their way to college in the morning, he had bought the fresh red rose bouquet from a little girl and directed Manik to present it to Nandini along with the speech he forced his brother to learn the previous night.

"I still think it's a bad idea", muttered Manik.

They had just reached the parking lot of their college. "Baby, you are just panicking", assured Cabir. "Just hand it over to Nandini. It's simple. You remember your lines, right?" When his brother nodded, Cabir grinned at him. His brother was good at learning even if they were to propose the love of her life.

"I am going to the library first", told Manik and when Cabir forced him to meet Nandini, he shook his head. "I need to return my books. It's due. Also, it would calm me down." He gave a smile to Cabir before going towards the library.

Cabir pouted for a whole minute before rubbing his hands in excitement. Better set up the mood for his brother, he thought and went to find the head girl. He found her in the canteen. He realized they were either bunking the first class or their class got canceled. He pulled his chair in front of the head girl and waved to the other two. As soon as she saw him, Nandini covered her food. He stuck his tongue out but composed himself soon. He had a higher motive today and he needed to act mature.

"What do you think about love?", asked Cabir out of the blue.

"What?", questioned the head girl in reply.

Abhimanyu was doing some weird movements with his hands but Cabir ignored his sign language to talk to Nandini. "Nandini, what's your opinion on love?", he asked again.

Nandini raised an eyebrow. "Do you love someone?", she asked.

The girl wouldn't answer a single question directly. It's fine. Cabir was the mature guy for the day and he had all the patience in the world. "Dude, I have a girlfriend, remember?"

"Does your brain only go in one direction?", she countered. "I am asking about love, not your girlfriend."

"Aren't they one and the same thing?", he asked. This girl would end up consuming all his brain cells.