Narcissists and Jazz- Zen X Reader

You were both a narcissist and a Jazz lover.

There's just something about Jazz that makes you love listening to it so much. Maybe because it was so calm, soothing and catchy compared to the other tunes that would play on the radio.
Jazz was just such a beautiful thing...like yourself.

But you know who else was a narcissist and a Jazz lover?

Zen.

A man whom you had fallen hard for ever since you started going to the small café that was down the street from your apartment in Paris.
He was a piano player for the small jazz group that played every morning at the café, his amazing skills in creating such beautiful jazz music attracting many guests, including you.

All you wanted was just a warm cup
of coffee, but in the end, you wanted him. You wanted the talented singer and actor. You wanted Zen.

You were now walking to the café, dressed in your long black coat and red scarf, watching your breath evaporate in the chilly cold air as you then made it to the entrance, the front patio so empty that the tables and chairs were covered in blankets of snow. You could hear the sound of piano keys being played inside the café,  the plucking of the bass and the sound of the cymbals resonating following behind. You smiled to yourself as you open the glass door and went inside, the smell of cinnamon and French vanilla filling your nose as you heard the jazz band playing in the room, along with the quiet chitchats of the customers.

You take a seat in your usual spot, the waiter quickly coming to take your order.

"Just the usual, please."

You answered, to which the waiter silently nods back.
You then watched with a smile on your face as your eyes laid upon Zen who was gently playing on the black piano, his fingers swiftly moving from one key to another as he nods his head to the beat of the music.
Zen was always into the music...he was just that talented.
You wondered to yourself if he would ever be famous one day...
After the band finishes playing, everyone in the café applauded, whistling as the band members take a bow.
You then received your warm beverage, to which you take a satisfying sip from as you watched the band members get praises from the others.
And that's when you realized that Zen was coming straight to you, with a big smile on his face.
You didn't squeal, you didn't panic, you didn't faint...instead, you just smiled and pat the empty seat across from you.

"Care to join me for a cup of coffee?~"

"Why, certainly~"

The young man replied with a smirk on his beautiful face as he then sat down, resting his face in his hand as he stared at you with those fiery red eyes of his.
How could he be so talented and sexy at the same time?

"So you have come to watch me again, huh?~"

"What makes you say that?~"

"I see you come in every morning, ordering the same thing, sitting in the same exact spot as you are now and watch me with those sparkling eyes...so tell me, do you come here for the coffee and scones? Or do you come here for me?~"

Zen said with a wink, causing you to laugh. You couldn't help it, for you knew how Zen could be: he was always the flirtatious type, always wanting attention, always thinking about how attractive he is...
Then again, you were a narcissist too.
You always thought to yourself that you were better than others, thinking that you were the all high and mighty queen of the world...but in all honesty, you just wanted to find the perfect mate that'll love you for your talents instead of your looks.
You have dated a few men before meeting Zen and you couldn't compare none of them to the silver-haired actor.
All they cared about was your looks and not the fact that you were a talented dancer.
Zen then says something that you didn't expect him to say.

"You know, I have seen you dance on the street before..."

"Oh? When?"

"On a rainy day, I saw you dancing under the rain while your hair and clothes were getting all soaking wet...the way you danced though...it was so amazing, elegant, full of happiness and joy. Why don't you do it as your future career?"

"Ah...well, because dancing really doesn't get you anywhere in life, it's just a hobby. At least, that's what one of my exes told me..."

You confessed to Zen as he quietly listened to you, taking small sips of coffee from his mug. He then hums in response as he then softly smiles and gets up from his seat, holding out his hand.

"Let's just see about that~ Grab my hand, sweetie~"

"Huh?"

"Let's show everyone here that dancing can be more than just a silly hobby~"

Zen then snaps his fingers, causing a small spotlight to shine upon the two of you as the whole room went dark, everyone's eyes now on you.
The band begins to play upbeat jazz music as Zen begins to tap dance.
You couldn't help but laugh and tap dance along with him, bobbing your head to the music as you add some arm movements. The two of you then added some hip action in your dance, giving it a little bit of spice in there~
Zen smirked as he twirls you around, holding your waist as you two continued to dance.

"Not bad, not bad at all, babe~"

"Heh, you're not bad yourself~"

You complimented as the two of you then finished your dance, causing everyone to erupt with loud claps and whistles.
You and Zen then take a bow, not realizing that you two were holding each other's hands.
After the show, you were about to exit the café until Zen gently held your shoulder.

"Hey, would you like me to walk you home?"

"Ah, sure~"

You replied with a smile, to which Zen returned.
As you two walked back home, Zen made conversation with you.

"You should rethink your future career, sweetie. Dancing is definitely something you're good at~"

"Oh come on, it was just a dance!"

"It wasn't just a dance, it was a work of art, a talent that you should be proud of having..."

"You really think so...?"

"Of course! Why would I lie? You really are a talented person! You're the most talented person I have ever met! Even more talented than me..."

You loved compliments, but this compliment from Zen, for some reason, had made you so happy that you jumped into his arms and kissed him right on the lips, unexpectedly.
You then pulled away, smiling as you saw a tint of pink on Zen's cheeks.

"Zen, you're full of amazing talents too, and I know that one day, you'll get somewhere in life with those amazing talents. Who knows, maybe one day you'll be a highly successful actor and I would be your manager~"

"Heh, thank you, Coffee Girl~"

"Eh?! I have a name, you know! It's
(Y/n) (L/n)!"

"Ah, (Y/n)...now that is a beautiful name for a beautiful lady like yourself~"

The two of you giggled before walking home under the snowy sky, not knowing that in the future, you two would become successful~