3. Together Through The Trouble.

Liam walked out of the hotel gate, and took in a deep breath before heading over to his car. He knew this girl won’t be easy to convince. But he just had to get what he wanted. And that included a room in Paris’s best hotel.

He unlocked the door of the car and swung it open. Immediately Faith jumped out and started screaming.

“You are a bad, bad man! I hate you! How could you lock me up in here?” Tears started to flow down her cheeks.

“Do you want to stay here?” he moved his head towards La Cielle.

“No! I don’t…wait what? Here? How? Yeah I do!” her eyes lit up through the glistening tears. “But I had saved up only enough for the… you know, not so luxurious tour I had planned. I can’t afford it.” She hung her head down and started to fiddle with the rim of her jacket.

Liam placed a light blow on her head. “This really is just empty space isn’t it? I’ll pay.”

“What’s the catch?” Faith wasn’t someone with a single digit IQ after all.

“Just play along. And keep your mouth shut.” He took her by her hand and dragged her into the hotel.

All Faith could do after entering the hotel was look around with the excitement of a child. She couldn’t believe she was actually going to stay here. She now hated Liam a bit less. She took in the beauty of the hotel and smiled excitedly.

“We had a fight, so I decided to leave her outside. But I guess that wouldn’t have worked. My keys please.” Liam lowered his shades and gave the receptionist a sturdy expression, who wondered why any sane person would leave his wife outside because of a fight. He took the keys and asked for his luggage to be delivered to his room.

“You mentioned me to the receptionist? Why? Why are you suddenly so kind? Something is wrong for sure.” Faith crossed her arms and stomped on the floor.

“Do you think I have wrong intentions?” Liam asked, inching closer to her.

“You’re making it more believable, dude.” She nervously said.

“Oh.” Liam realized that he was freaking her out. “I’ll tell you everything. Get in first.”

Faith’s mouth fell when she saw the room she would be staying at. “I can’t do this for free.”

“You won’t. I asked you to play along, remember?” Liam said confidently.

“Okay, what is all this?”

“You’re my wife for the next two weeks until I stay here.” He said nonchalantly.

Faith lost her balance and fell onto the wall. She composed herself and said angrily, “You fu…you fucking asshole!” She swore even though she hated it. “What do you mean I’m your wife? Just take this.”

She pulled out money from her bag and handed it to him. “This might be worth just one day of staying here, but I do not want your money.”

“And where are you going to go? In a strange city full of strange people, a lonely girl on the streets, what are you gonna do? I’m not willing to help you now that you’re bailing out on me.” Liam tried his best to convince her, without making it obvious.

Faith thought about it. He was right. Faith had no option; she was helpless. She started another session of crying and sobbing.

“Look, umm…” he looked down at her large pink suitcase. The huge letters made it pretty obvious. “Hey Faith?”

She looked up at him.

“This won’t do any harm. Trust me. You can trust me. Just have to act like a couple. That was the only way to get this room. I’m not doing all this on purpose. I just had to.”

“Fine.” She bit her lower lip. “I’ll do it. But let me just tell you, I hate you.”

“I don’t love you either honey.” He looked away and smiled.

“So could you tell me my husband’s name?” She air quoted.

“Liam Armstrong. Google me. There’s free Wi-Fi here.”

“Okay, will do. Now if you’ll excuse me.” She held open the door and motioned for him to go out.

Liam started laughing. “Why do you think I pretended to be your husband? If there was another room available, I would not have looked at you twice.”

“What?” Faith’s expression tightened.

“We’ll be staying in the same room.”

Faith fainted.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!