10. Mortified!

The whole time that they were eating, Faith went on and on about how good her food tasted. This was her first time trying French cuisine. Liam ignored her, and kept to himself. He couldn’t stop thinking about who Logan was. But when Faith gorged on her mille-feuille pastry with intense expressions, Liam couldn’t hold himself back.

“What’s with the orgasmic expressions?” He narrowed his eyes.

“This is my first time!” Faith said.

Liam couldn’t stop himself from chuckling. Life is much more fun when you have a dirty mind, he thought.

“What?” Faith asked, confused. “Ohhhh.” She said, prolonging the word when she realized why he was laughing. “Hey!” She snapped, frowning.

Liam kept quiet. He remembered about Logan again.

“I said hey!” Faith leaned over towards him across the table.

He threw her a glare, and then looked back to his food. He continued eating without saying a word and then looked outside through the glass pane.

“Liam?” Faith sounded a bit concerned. “Is everything alright?”

“Yep.” He said, not looking at her once.

Faith decided to deal with it back at the hotel.

As they entered their room, Faith was constantly devising methods to make him talk to her.

“Hey Liam. The food was so good. Thanks!”

He opened his wrist watch and threw it on the nightstand, not bothering to respond to her gratitude. After they had changed and it was time for a nap, Faith once again made a try.

“The weather is so cool! In New York, it’s never so pleasant at this time of the year.” Her efforts went futile again. But she was not one to give up. She took her phone out and viewed a few photographs.

“Oh, how I miss my mom and dad. They look so happy in this picture.” She looked at Liam from the corner of her eye to see whether she caught his attention this time. But he was lying on the bed, eyes shut.

“And my sweet brother Logan. He is the best!” She was not giving up.

Liam’s eyes popped open. Brother?! Did she just say brother? Why didn’t he think of this? His tiredness from the day was gone and his heart suddenly felt so much lighter.

“You have…” It came out loudly, but he composed himself, cleared his throat, and went with his usual, serious tone, “A brother?”

“Yeah! He’s my twin!” Faith was beaming that it finally worked.

“Logan, you said?”

“Uh huh.”

Liam got up from the bed and went down to where she was sitting. He settled down beside her and started to pay attention to what she was showing him. Having finally got him to talk to her, Faith was now even more excited. She swiped the photos, and told him in details about her loved ones – her family, friends, little pet dog Cadbury and the neighborhood grandma who loved her a lot.

Liam listened to her carefully and didn’t speak much. He wasn’t a man of too many words anyway; he just smiled and nodded, and asked a few questions occasionally.

“So, what’s your family like? Your friends? If you have any that is.” She made a face.

Liam rolled his eyes. He never liked talking about intimate things to anybody. But for the first time after he had reached this position in his life, he felt like he had a friend. He had not talked to anybody, nor had he spent as much time with anyone as he had with Faith. Within one day, he felt like he had a friend. A real friend. He felt stupid for feeling that way and letting his guard down, but he couldn't help it. It seemed to be automatic with this one of a kind museum piece of a girl.

“What are we? Friends now?” he playfully asked, and hoped for an affirmation.

“Yeah!” Faith jerked her neck and gave out an expression that said ‘Is that even a question?’ “We are right? I mean we are posing as a married couple! We should at least be friends!”

“I guess.” He smiled and stared into her brown eyes. Faith returned the gesture. She noticed his eyes for the first time. They were a light shade of blue, and really, really hard to not stare at. When it got really awkward, Faith broke the gaze and spoke again.

“So, are you close to your mom?”

“Yeah. I love her.” Liam smiled, looking down.

“Your dad?”

“He passed away when I graduated high school. I was very close to him as well. We used to do everything together.” Liam’s voice broke and he bit his lower lip.

“I’m so sorry, Liam.” Faith apologized.

“I am quite a loner.” He chuckled. "But I do have a little sister Haylee."

“That's awesome! And be really honest with this one. How many girls have you dated? At least thirty, I would say.” Faith confidently crossed her arms.

“Actually, not even one.”

“No kidding?” Faith’s mouth dropped, “But you’re so hot Liam! I mean, I would totally date a guy who had even one tenth on you!  I mean why…” Her words trailed off, and she was mortified at what she just said.
Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!