40. The Big Plan.

“Okay! Cool! He’s getting old!” Haylee laughed.

“Hey! Only twenty six!” Faith defended.

Haylee’s jaw dropped. “Seriously, Faith? Twenty six? He is turning twenty five!”

“But he said….” Faith’s voice trailed off.

“That’s because it was almost his birthday.” Haylee rolled his eyes. “You met him like three weeks ago. It’s acceptable! Almost twenty five.”

“Hmm. Twenty five. Got to do something with that.” She mumbled to herself.

Faith sat down with a notepad and a pen, all taken off from Liam’s desk. She wanted to jot down all her ideas before she could forget them. She once again remembered all the simple but meaningful talks she had with him till now. Random things that he had told her flooded into her brain. He had told her different things; how he would rather have Adele lose her voice than spend the night with Faith, after she had put up a sleepwalking freak show. He had said on the day they went out shopping that the only fast food he liked was a hot dog with a chicken sausage, topped with extra onions and lettuce, and dressed with too much ketchup. Also, she remembered how he had mentioned that he couldn’t go to prom because of that bitch Scarlett, and she knew he was a big football fan. She got up and went into the room containing all his movies. She examined his collection carefully, and realized that he watched a lot of romantic comedies. He had his fair share of action flicks, but most of the movies were all lovey-dovey. She laughed to herself.

She had the whole thing planned out now. She couldn’t wait for the next day to arrive. But she wanted Liam to not have a clue that she knew about his birthday. When he came home later that day, she put her plan into action. He went into the bathroom to freshen up. She quickly grabbed his phone and texted his secretary.

‘Tomorrow’s a holiday. Let all the employees know. And if you text back, I’ll fire you.’

She patted herself at how well she executed Liam’s style. She quickly deleted the message and kept back the phone in place. When he came out, she acted as if she didn’t know anything.

“Hey!” He smiled. “How was your day?”

“Mine was fine. Hey, that rhymed! How about you?” Faith threw back her head, laughing forcefully.

“Okay, you’re being all goofy and weird.” He gave her a wary expression. “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“No!” She laughed nervously. Was he seeing right through her?

“So…” He tousled his hair as he checked himself out in the mirror. “I was thinking about last night.”

Faith instantly blushed. “Really? Why?”

“What why?” He gave her a weird look. “Because it was so nice. It was amazing.” He looked at her reflection in the mirror, his eyes piercing into hers indirectly. “Wasn’t it?”

She nodded and smiled. “I couldn’t stop thinking about it either.” She gushed.

“You looked so beautiful. Nobody could wear the color red better than you do.” He gave her a brief kiss before he headed out.

As soon a she was out of the room, she grabbed the notepad again and made another note.

Wear something red.

*

*

*

It was only four in the morning. The break of dawn, and Faith was up. Energy oozed out of her body. It was Liam’s birthday! Faith squealed in a low voice as she smiled to herself like an idiot. She was still lying down though. His arms were wrapped around her. She slowly got up, careful not to disturb him. However, she did wake him up.