35. Inside Her Heart.

As Faith lay awake, her fingers entwined into Liam’s and her body wrapped in his arms, she recalled what happened an hour ago over and over in her head. It couldn’t have been more perfect than this. The way their bodies moved together in perfect sync, the way he handled her with his experienced hands, and the way he tried to comfort her. Yes, it hurt, but she couldn’t imagine it being better than this. She turned her head and looked at his sleeping face. He looked like an angel, sleeping peacefully and breathing onto her neck, while he didn’t let go of her hand even in his sleep. Somehow, he seemed even more attractive to her than he already was, and she was over the moon that Liam was her first. After some more time passed, she eventually fell asleep.

When she opened her eyes, it was already mid-morning, and the first thing she did was search for Liam. He wasn’t there by her side, and the bed was perfectly made up where he slept. Faith rolled her eyes at how clean and organized he was. She grabbed the blanket to remove it and get out of bed, but before she could do so, she heard the door shut. She looked up to see Liam coming in with a tray. It had three plates of different sizes and a glass of orange juice. As he came closer, she could make out sandwiches, apples and chocolate cake.

“Good morning!” Liam flashed his million dollar smile and Faith forgot that she was awake. “I made everything on display for you.” He placed the tray on the nightstand, leaned forward and gave her a kiss on the lips. She blushed and shied away from looking at him.

“You cook?” She asked, surprised.

“Yes, I do. Why?” He replied with a smile.

“Seriously, is there something you don’t do?” She asked him playfully before adding. “Last night was… amazing.”

Liam looked up at her and smiled. There went his dimples again, and he looked down at the bed. “I know. It was awesome.” He looked at her again, sincerity dripping from his words.

“Well, three more days before I go home.” Faith tilted her head playfully. “I think we should do it more often.”

Her words made him chuckle, and he gave her a peck on her forehead. He then picked up a sandwich and fed it to her. Through a food filled mouth, she said. “I always wanted breakfast in bed.” They both laughed and talked until the breakfast was done.

“That was delicious.” Faith smacked her lips. “The best chocolate cake I’ve ever had.”

“Thank you ma’am. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get to work. I have a company to run.”

“No no no!” She leapt out of bed and ran to him, clutching him from behind. “I’m only here for four more days.” She made a puppy face. “Please, stay with me.”

“Faith…” Liam sighed. “I wish I could, but I cannot. I’ve already been gone for two weeks. This is important, and you have to understand.”

“Yeah, fine.” She let go of him. “The workaholic boyfriend, who doesn’t even have time for his girlfriend.” She dramatically whined.

“That’s not gonna work sweetheart, and you know that.” He chuckled and grabbed a towel from a basket. “I’m going to shower.”

He started walking towards the bathroom, but suddenly stopped and turned around. “Say, you wanted to spend more time with me?”

“Yeah.” Faith’s eyes lit up. “Is that even a question?”

“How about you join me?” He mischievously smiled and pointed towards the bathroom.

“How about I don’t?” She rolled her eyes and pushed him towards the bathroom. “Go!”

She waited by the edge of the bed while Liam finished showering. Occasionally, he would call out to her from inside to join him, but she would turn him down.

“Hey, it’s so nice in here.” He said once.

“I like it better here.” She mocked and chuckled.

After a few minutes, Liam stepped out of the shower. His wet hair was all messed up and the strands pointed in all directions. Water droplets trickled down his temples and onto his neck. His bare, pale chest glistened from the reminiscent moisture, while his chiseled torso made Faith stare for longer than she intended to. She suddenly wished she had listened to him after all.

“Regret not accompanying me now, don’t you?” Liam sensed her staring at him.

“I… actually yes. I won’t lie. You’re flawless Liam.” She said in all genuineness. “I feel like I’m so lucky. When did I get so lucky?”

She got up and walked over to where he was standing. She grabbed his arm and hugged it. “I’m gonna miss you Liam. I want to take you home with me.”

“I’ll definitely come as soon as I can, baby.” He looked her in the eye and kissed her. “But we’ve still got four more days!”

She murmured an inaudible word and let go of his arm. He hugged her warmly and whispered in her ear. “Here’s another chance. I’m gonna change. Do you want to…”

“Liam!” She cut him off and chuckled, nudging him in the stomach. “Stop! Just change already! I’ll be outside! Thanks for the lovely food.” She kissed him on the cheek and left the room. She waited by the door until he was finished. She wanted to go downstairs along with him.

After a considerable amount of time, Liam was ready. He was wearing a suit, obviously, and Faith recalled the first time that she had seen him back in Paris.

“You really nail the suit look, you know?” She complimented him, and expected thanks or a kiss or a smile.

“Yeah, I know!” He said, looking at his phone screen through his sunglasses. Faith pouted and rolled her eyes.

They went down, Liam checking his phone for something and Faith right behind him. When they were down, he made a call while Faith seated herself on the couch. Haylee was munching on something that looked delicious, as she sat facing the TV. When Liam was done talking on the phone, he came back and sat across from her.

“Hey mom!” Liam eyed what his sister was eating. “I want what she’s eating too!”

“You made me breakfast and you didn’t eat yourself?” Faith chuckled. “Boy are you a weirdo.”

They still hadn’t caught Haylee’s attention. But then Liam smiled, and Faith smiled back, and they kept smiling creepily at each other. Haylee noticed the silence and took a look at Faith. She saw her blushing and smiling at Liam. She then looked at her brother. He was smiling, albeit not shyly, but something in his face told her that he was really happy.

“Oh my God.” Haylee exclaimed. “You guys totally did it.” She curled her lips and did a mock jig.

“No!” Faith laughed nervously. “We didn’t, did we Liam?”

“No, no, of course not! Why would we?” He lied, very unsuccessfully.

“Oh come on! What a loser. I’ve known you since forever. You can’t lie to save your life.” She threw a cushion at him.

“And Faith, you wanted to keep it from me too?” She stuck out her lower lip. “I want all the details when he leaves.”

Margaret came in with a delicious platter that looked exactly like what Haylee was having. Liam had his fill and left after saying goodbye to the three women. As soon as he left, Faith already missed him. She couldn’t wait for him to come back and hug her. All she could think about was the last night. Haylee, on the other hand, extracted details from her, and squeaked in happiness when she found out what exactly happened. Faith told her how lonely she was feeling when suddenly, both their phones beeped. They checked their respective cell phones and then looked at each other, smiling mischievously. The same text on both their phones, from Liam, read:

‘Party tonight at Hollywood Stn. Both you girls go shopping. Will pick you up at 7.’

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!