53. The Plan.

“Step two.” Haylee instructed Logan over the phone. “We have to kidnap our siblings.”

“Uh, what?”

“Yes. Look, I know it sounds crazy, but we have to do this if we want them to get back together.”

“Kidnap?” He repeated.

“No, not really kidnapping. I would say, a vacation sort of thing. A forceful vacation.”

“Where are you getting at?”

Haylee explained her plan to him in details, covering every step they would have to take. Logan’s narrow eyes slowly widened. As if she could see him through the phone, she confidently said. “See, I know I’m brilliant.”

“Yeah, okay genius. I think that might work. That’s a tedious and crazy idea, but that might actually work.” He chuckled. “Okay, so… now I kidnap Faith?” Logan asked, finding it weird to even say the words.

“Yeah!” Haylee said with such ease as if she was asking him to take Faith for a stroll in the park.

“Um, okay.”

“Okay.”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

***

“Hey Faith! Pack your bags! I’m taking you to my place.” Logan said. His tone was so fake that anybody could have said that he was lying. But Faith was too engrossed in redoing her resumes and she didn’t notice.

“Cool.” She said. “I’ll post these on the way.”

“Yeah, or you could just sort things out with Liam, and take the job he offered.”

“Logan cut it out.” She waved a hand at him. “Not happening.”

“Okay, just pack.” He said and went back downstairs.

In the meantime, Haylee was thinking of a way to convince Liam to go with her. Liam wouldn’t be easy, she knew that. When he walked through the hallway, all tired and angry looking, she hesitated to talk to him, but went ahead anyway.

“Umm, Liam?” She asked, poking his arm.

“Ugh, not now Hayles.” He put his palm on her face and pushed her away from himself.

“Hey!” She complained. “Don’t do that! Anyway, I need to talk.”

“What?” He got even more annoyed.

Haylee began lying. This was the second lie in a row and she felt terrible. But she was good at it. “I need you to take me to Paris.”

“Wh-what?” His eyebrows pulled closer to each other, and his heart wrenched at the mention of Paris. “What are you, a baby? Go by yourself! And wait, why are you going?”

“You see Liam.” She used ultra animated hand movements to explain herself. “I have this thing.”

“What thing?”

“This thing… you know. I have to go to Paris. I have to. And I can’t go alone because Liam I am so sick.” Her hand flew to her head. “My head is gonna explode!” She yelled.

“Hayles!” He stepped back in confusion. “What are you talking about?”

“Liam, just take me to Paris. I want you to meet my boyfriend.”

Liam’s eyes popped out. “You have a boyfriend? And… and I don’t know about this?”

“Well. I met him online.” She lied to his face.

“You’re with a guy you met online?” He raised his eyebrows disapprovingly.

“Yeah. That is why I want you to meet him.”

“You’re not sick are you?”

“Absolutely not.”

“Fuck. I have to go now. I can’t let you go to Paris alone to meet your boyfriend!” He puffed out air to show that it was really crazy. “What is his name?”

“Devaun Daspard.” She made up a name that sounded like a French name would. All those years of watching foreign movies was coming into good use now.

“What a foolish name.” He rolled his eyes. “I can’t believe this!”

“I’m sorry! I would have told you earlier but I was scared!”

“I don’t really approve yet. I have to meet the guy first.”

“Okay, brother. As you say.” She hugged him as a devilish smile appeared on her face.

She immediately texted Logan.

-I don’t even have to kidnap him. He agreed to come!

***

Paris was even colder now than it was a month ago. It was freezing, but as beautiful as ever.

“What are you doing?” Haylee asked peeking into Liam’s phone.

He swatted her away. “I’m booking rooms for us.”

“At?”

“La Cielle. That is the best hotel in all of Paris. That was where me and…” His voice trailed off, and he went back to doing what he was doing.

“Cool.” Haylee shrugged. She mentally did a fist pump and texted Logan.

-All set?

-Yep. All set. Target 1 is in position.

-Target 2 coming right up.

“Wow! This is mind-blowing isn’t it?” Haylee punched Liam in the arm when she stepped out of the car and took in a view of the massive hotel.

“Yeah, I know.” he said nonchalantly.

Haylee outran him and reached the reception, while Liam eyed his sister weirdly.

‘What is with her?’ He thought.

Haylee talked to the receptionist about what she wanted to do. She took the keys from her and thanked her. Liam reached the counter.

“Hey, I got the keys!” She exclaimed.

Before Liam could even speak, she grabbed his arm and pulled him along with her towards the elevator.

“Did you get the right keys?”

“I’m not a baby remember? I can handle things Liam.” She rolled her eyes.

“I hate you Hayles. How can you have a boyfriend that I don’t know about?!” He was still not over the fact that his baby sister had fallen for a stranger.

“Yeah, you’re gonna hate me even more.” Haylee said, as they stepped out of the elevator and she pulled him again.

“What?” He asked, confused.

“I’m sorry Liam. But I have to do this.” She opened the door to a suite and pushed him inside. Before he could compose himself and react, she locked him in. “I’m sorry!” She yelled at the closed door.

“You little bitch!” he cursed. “What the fuck is this?”

“Oh God.” He heard a familiar voice from behind him.

He turned around and his eyes settled on the sight in front of him. He merely managed a whisper. “Faith…”

Please vote and comment ♡