36. His Beautiful Woman!

“Let’s go! I can’t wait!” Haylee jumped up and down. “This is going to be our first party together! Hugs!”

The two girls embraced each other and giggled. They got ready and went out for some shopping in Haylee’s car. Faith really loved it; it wasn’t like one she had seen before. It was a hot pink convertible, and the seats were so very comfortable. There were charms hanging from the front, and it was glittery at some places.

“I love you car Hayles!” She exclaimed, running her hands over the window frame.

“Thanks! Liam got this custom made for my nineteenth birthday! I absolutely adore this thing.” She shook her head in amusement.

Haylee played her favorite song. It made faith want to get up and dance in the car itself. She was enjoying herself a lot, and secretly wished Haylee was her own sister. The whole ride they sang along and moved to the music, having a hell lot of fun.

“I wish Logan was a girl!” Faith said. “Then I could have done all these things with him!”

“You’re absolutely crazy! And that’s why I love you!” Haylee laughed.

Haylee parked her car and got out with Faith. They were at the city’s biggest mall which always offered the latest trendy outfits. Haylee always shopped from this place, and today, she had brought Faith along with her.

“Ready for the adventure?” She beamed.

“Yes ma’am!” Faith laughed.

The girls walked stylishly into the mall and Haylee, knowing the place by heart, walked straight to the one outlet she loved the most. It was on the first floor, and an intensely colorful shop. Wherever she saw, there were pretty outfits either on display or stacked up in numerous racks.

“Ooh! Ooh! I want that one!” Haylee seemed to instantly pick out a dress for herself. It was a black mini, complete with shoulder pads and a covered front. Haylee seemed to love it. But before she could touch it to claim, her phone rang.

“It’s Liam, Faith talk to him.” She handed over her phone to Faith, who received Liam’s call.

“Hey, it’s me. Haylee’s sort of busy.”

“Hey, just so you know, this isn’t a dance party. It’s a pre award party. Ask Haylee to buy something you know… classy.”

“Okay.” Faith looked at Haylee, all excited about her new object of affection, which clearly didn’t make the cut for the upcoming party. “I’ll take care of it. Bye.”

“Oh, I love you.” Liam said before he hung up.

“Me too. Bye.” Faith blushed and hung up. She turned to Haylee. “Hey, Hayles. You look smashing in that dress, but I guess you’ll have to wear it sometime else.”

“What? Why? No!” Haylee’s face underwent a rapid change of expressions.

“I think you should buy something classy, you know. He said it’s a pre award function or something.” Faith tried to recall her conversation with Liam.

“Oh. Those parties. Eh.” Haylee made a face. “Let’s go look for something, then.”

She asked one of the shop workers to pack up the black dress while she searched for something appropriate for the party. She didn’t really like long gowns, but finally she settled on a white one which Faith picked out for her. It had a crossed over front, and a flowing bottom. Haylee liked it, and finalized it as her dress for the night.

“Now, let’s pick out something for you.” Haylee turned to Faith and gave her an ecstatic grin. She picked out random dresses and asked Faith to try them on one by one. Faith did exactly as she was told. First up was a beautiful blue gown, but Haylee rejected it as being too frilly. Next was a green one that was too revealing, which would definitely make Liam go nuts. Then came a pink one which didn’t fit her, and the rest of the dresses also disqualified as the perfect dress for Faith.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe we can’t find you a gown!” Haylee looked to her left and her eyes fell on a red dress, folded and kept below a bunch of clothes. “Why is this kept here so ruthlessly…. Whoa!” She went into a stage of euphoria as she held out the dress in full display.

“Wow.” Faith already loved it.

Haylee dumped the dress onto Faith’s body and pushed her inside the trial room. Faith tried it on with high levels of excitement; she knew it would look great on her. As soon as she had it on, a sigh escaped her mouth as she checked herself out in the mirror. It had thin straps and a bow at the waist. The fabric was satin, and it felt so good against her skin. She looked like a doll and she squeaked in a low voice at what she saw in the mirror. She stepped out, as she wondered how Haylee would react.

“Oh. My. God.” Haylee covered her mouth. “This dress is perfection.”

“I know!” The girls screamed in unison and jumped up and down holding hands, while attracting everybody’s attention in the shop. They took their dresses and came back home.

*

*

*

-I miss you

Faith texted Liam, not being able to contain her loneliness any longer. It was four, and Margaret and Haylee were napping, while Faith lay on Liam’s bed, waiting for him to come back. When he didn’t reply within a few minutes, she got annoyed and flipped the phone on to the pillows.

“Just how busy is he? Can’t he return a single text?” She frowned as she talked to herself.

“Maybe he’s really busy.”

“But at least he could tell me that he’s busy!”

“I guess he wants to, but can’t.”

“Ugh!” She sat up. “How am I ever going to live without him?!”

She frowned as it once again occurred to her that four days later, they would practically be across the country from one another, and the mere thought of it made her cringe. She lay down again, lost in thoughts, and eventually fell asleep. It wasn’t until six that Haylee came in and woke her up, asking her to hurry and get ready for the party. After they had their dresses on, they got their hair and makeup done by a stylist Margaret had called on. She didn’t usually allow stylists, but since faith was here, she did it this time. The girls were all ready and were waiting for Liam to come home. Margaret sat on the sofa, knitting and telling Faith repeatedly how pretty she looked.

The clock struck seven, and that was exactly when they heard his car approach. Faith loved how he was always so punctual. They got up, hugged Margaret and went outside. Haylee rushed out hurriedly, and reached Liam before faith could.

“Hey kiddo, what’s up?” He greeted her. “Where’s your soul sister?”

“Wait till you see her. Get ready to die!” Haylee nudged her brother with her elbow. “You look nice.”

“Yeah, thanks for saying that so soon because this is what I’ve been wearing all day.” He made a face.

“Guys?” Faith called out. Liam snapped his head towards her, and that feeling came back again.

“Hayles, get in the car.” Liam forcefully pushed her inside and went over to Faith.

“How do I…” Before Faith could complete her sentence, Liam took her lips into his, and kissed her with all his heart. He couldn’t believe that she could look so stunning every time. He had no idea how she did it, but she took his whole heart by storm.

“Wow…” She gasped when he withdrew himself.

He gazed at his woman in amusement and then responded. “I think you got your answer.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!