56. The Chase.

Faith put one hand on her hip and the other one on the receptionist's desk. Sweat beads formed on her forehead and her heart was beating vigorously.

"He...he checked out?" She asked, disappointment evident on her face.

"Yes ma'am. I think he's already on his flight back." The receptionist took out an envelope and handed it over to Faith. "He asked me to give this to you, so you could book your tickets. Whenever you want."

"You mean that private jet thingy? When was he supposed to take off?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, I have absolutely no idea." The receptionist shrugged. "But he was on the phone with his mother saying that he would reach LA tomorrow morning. And oh, no private jet. It was more like an emergency. He's just travelling on a regular plane." She smiled.

Faith turned around and tried hard to stop the tears that would escape her eyes any moment now. She ran to her suite and grabbed her suitcase, which was still packed. All of Liam's stuff was gone. How could he just leave?! Faith had no time to think. She hired a cab and went back to the hospital. Faith ran to Logan's ward, and was surprised to see him awake.

"Hey, you bitch. Thanks a lot." He greeted her with sarcasm.

"Look, I'm so sorry sweetie. But there is... Liam. Oh God."

"What?" He pulled his eyebrows closer together in confusion.

"He's angry and he's gone. I don't know what to do, Logan."

"Well, I'm ready to be discharged. The doctors say that I recovered sooner than they had expected."

"No, you can't. You need rest."

"No, we can. You need Liam."

Faith stared into her brother's eyes. He was every bit the ideal twin one could ask for. He always put her needs before her own. A tear escaped her eye as she gave him a tight hug. Logan changed into his clothes and they took their stuff and hired a taxi. Faith was constantly concerned about his health. He had bandages wrapped around his head, and he definitely didn't look fine. But he insisted on going with her to the airport.

"Drive faster, monsieur." He whined at the extremely slow driver. "We need to get to the airport now!

"

"Will you just calm down?" Faith scolded him. "You look like you would need to be back at the hospital any moment."

"Look, I didn't come all the way to Paris just to let you and him go separate ways." He scoffed.

"Did the doctors put you on drugs? You're being so whiny." Faith rolled her eyes.

"Oh, it's just my PMS." He shrugged nonchalantly.

They looked at each other, and then both burst out in laughter. Faith felt so lucky to have a brother like him. The rest of the ride, she sat with her arm around his neck, showering all her affection on him, while he tried to get her hand off several times, but in vain.