27. Inside His Heart.

Liam’s eyes went wide. ‘Babies?! Where did she get that idea?!’ He thought.

Faith realized what she had just blurted out. They had shared a few kisses and a bed, and here she was, planning her future with him. She was mortified that she had just said that out loud, and wouldn’t move her head an inch away from Liam’s chest out of embarrassment!

Liam, sensing that she must have been embarrassed herself, didn’t push it any further.

“So, I was a really cute one, wasn’t I?” he winked, breaking away from the hug.

“Very, very cute! I could have just eaten you up!” Faith said, with pouted lips, as she poked his cheeks on both sides.

“Hey cannibal, easy there!” He teased.

“Shut up!” Faith rolled her eyes and made her way out of the room.

After she left, Liam sat down on the couch, his shoulders slumped. What was this exactly? What kind of a relationship was it? They were strangers two weeks ago. They met, and they did not get along. And then, he had no fucking idea what happened to him. The resolve he had maintained for so long, this girl had just crushed it. He was very sure that he liked her a lot, but he didn’t know if it was just that. They were boyfriend and girlfriend, but was that the only dimension to their relationship? Was it just a severe case of infatuation like they both thought? Or was it deeper? He was lost in his thoughts, and recalled the times they spent together in Paris. Maybe she was the one. Maybe she was the girl he had a future with. Maybe, just maybe, she was the girl who’d give her babies indeed. But, then again, who knows?

Faith ran to Haylee’s room, embarrassed. She couldn’t believe she just said that. She was completely crushing over Liam and imagining a family with him, but she must have really grossed him out, she thought. They were just in the initial phase of their relationship! She pulled at her hair and gritted her teeth, cursing herself using sweet words.

“You stupid duckling, how could you say that to him?”

She took out her phone and texted Liam.

-Sorry that just came out! *Embarrassed*

He was quick to reply.

-No worries  I still like you

She was about to text him back, when Haylee entered the room. She smiled at Faith. “Hey! So what happened between the two of you?” She rubbed her hands together and mischievously wrinkled her nose.

“Oh, that. I was a complete idiot. I told him I wanted my babies to look like him…in those pictures.” She looked down, embarrassed, and dug her nails into the rug she was sitting on.

“You what?” Haylee laughed out loud. “You’re so cute, Faith! No wonder Liam fell for you.”

She rolled her eyes.

“I mean, I haven’t seen him this happy in so long. I and mom were just talking about how different he seems since he came back! He did not even talk to me as much as he is talking today! He would always be engrossed in his work! It’s like somebody breathed life into him!” Haylee’s eyes twinkled. “He hasn’t been that way in so long. Thank you Faith!”

“I know, he was a jerk to me in the beginning too. But then, gradually, he was all sweet and protective! I developed a major crush on your brother!” Faith giggled. “And then, you know…”

“I thought Liam would die single!” Haylee laughed, as she sat down beside faith, aping her position. “After that Scarlett episode…” She suddenly stopped and bit her tongue.