24. Feels Like Home.

“Come on.” Liam extended out his hand to Faith so that she could step out of his private jet.

“I’m so nervous I’m so nervous so very nervous!” She said, stepping out carefully.

“What are you nervous about? My mom and sister won’t eat you up.”

“Saying that doesn’t help. Put yourself in my place and then think about it.” She made a face.

As they stepped into his car, she started another session of whining.

“Oh my God, just what am I going to say when I meet them? Hello, I’m Faith. Nice to meet you.” She extended her hand and did an air handshake.

“What on earth are you doing?” Liam was giving her a weird stare. “Why are you being so formal?”

“I don’t know. I’ve never met my boyfriend’s parents. Do you know why? Because I have never had a boyfriend! So excuse me if I don’t know what to expect.” She rolled her eyes.

It was a very anxious time for Faith. The whole ride was painfully scary for her. She felt like she would throw up. Her heart pounded against her chest and she kept leaning on Liam’s shoulder from time to time.

“Oh my God what am I gonna do?” She would say in a heavy tone, almost crying, and rest her head on his shoulders. Every time she did that, he would shrug her off and ask her to stop doing that. But of course, she wouldn’t listen.

The car took a sharp turn, and went straight for about five minutes. Beautiful, high trees slowly started appearing on both sides of the graveled pathway. Faith felt like she was in a fairytale.

“Wow, what is this place? Fairyland?” She chirped as her anxiety had all gone away.

“No, this is Liam land.” He smiled at her.

“No way!” She covered her mouth. “You own this pretty pathway too?” Her eyes went wide in childlike excitement. When he nodded, she kissed him on his cheek. “You’re really my prince then.”

“Mom, when is Liam going to come? I can’t wait anymore!” Haylee complained to her mother, stomping her feet on the ground. She was holding a huge placard that said ‘Welcome Home!’

“I can’t wait either, honey!” Her mother smiled. “This girl must really be special!”

“Call him and ask him how long it’s gonna be.” She said, when her phone beeped. It was a text from Liam.

Be there in 5.

“OMG he’s almost here mommy!” Haylee jumped out of happiness.

The pathway finally led to a huge gate made of patterned wrought iron. This was like something she had seen in Disney movies. A mansion slowly appeared in sight. The road was clear, so she put her head out of the window and gaped at the massive house.

“Holy fish.” Faith said, clearly in disbelief. “How rich are you? Just how rich are you? I seriously hope they don’t think I’m a gold digger.” She sounded worried.

“No! They aren’t like that. I am experienced enough to see through people. They wouldn’t think that.” He assured his restless companion.

“I hope so.”

The car came to a gradual halt. Faith could see his house in the distance and she could very well make out two women in the lawn. This must be them, she thought. Her heartbeat quickened, and she could feel her hands getting cold. Liam escorted her out of the car and towards his house. Faith was taking in the beauty of the place, when Liam suddenly stopped walking. “I think we don’t have to go any further.”

Confused, Faith looked at his house. Haylee was walking towards them as fast as she could, waving the placard. A huge smile adorned her face. She looked quite different from Liam, but she was tall like him.

“Your sister’s so pretty!” She whispered to him.

“Hey!” Haylee cried as she reached them. She put down the placard and came running with her arms extended.

Liam extended his arms too. “Hey there baby sister. Miss me?”

She completely ignored and walked past him, crashing into Faith with all her force. She hugged her in sheer joy and rocked her from side to side.

“Well.” Liam said, staring at the ground, his arms still extended. “That was awkward.”

“Hey!” She said. “It’s so nice to finally meet you!”

“Same here!” Faith said, relaxed now. Haylee was so warm and friendly, that it completely took her anxiety away. She already liked Haylee and thought that she was very sweet.

“I missed you.” Haylee turned to Liam, “But I was anticipating her more than I missed you!” She stuck out her tongue at her brother.

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Let’s go meet mom!” She chirped, pulling Faith along with her. “She can’t wait to see you. But of course she couldn’t run like I did!” She used animated hand movements and expressions to get her points across to Faith. Faith realized how different she was from Liam, and how similar she was to herself. She decided it was safe to be herself now.

“Hey!” Faith exclaimed suddenly, making Haylee stop in her tracks.

“I really like you already!” She smiled and moved her shoulders from side to side.

“Aww!” Haylee clapped her hands together. “I like you since I saw you in that article!”

The two girls were clearly hitting it off. They jumped and squealed, and Faith was completely at ease now. The whole walk to the lawn was spent in constant chatter.

“Oh my God please shut up.” Liam folded his hands, but nobody paid attention to him.

“Oh my, what a beautiful girl!” His mom exclaimed on seeing Faith. Margaret Armstrong was fifty-one years old, but her eyes sparkled with the same childlike excitement as Haylee. Faith noticed that Haylee was just like her mother. She smiled at his mom and obliged her with a warm hug.

“Hello dear, I’m Margaret! I’m so happy to see you! Look at you!” She put both her hands on either side of her cheeks. “You’re so pretty! I can’t believe my son found such a gem.”

Faith felt like she had known them for ages. She was adjusting really well to this place and Liam’s family. She was especially very happy to meet Haylee, who seemed to be exactly like her. When they went inside, she whispered to Liam, “So you’re the only one in the entire family, huh?”

“What?” He asked, confused.

“The only jerk.” Faith winked.

“Hey! Are you coming or not?” Haylee came out again, waving for her to come in.

“Yeah, what kind of a question is that Hales?” Liam chuckled.

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Haylee replied, as she came out, took Faith by the hand and dragged her inside.

“Wow.” He said after they went inside, leaving him alone outside. “I guess somebody is going to get ignored big time.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!