21. Headlines!!!

“So, what does this Scarlett girl look like?” Faith asked, chewing on her popcorn and twirling her hair. She was seriously hoping for him to say how she was pretty but not as much as Faith was.

“Well. She was very pretty. Very.” Liam responded, a faint smile on his lips and eyes fixed upon abstractness in a distance.

“Well, I figured that when you told me the story.” She patted him with a sarcastic smile. “I mean, was she prettier than me?” Her eyes twinkled.

“When did I say you were pretty?”

“Oh my God seriously Liam?” She stood up on the bed and put her hands on her hips. “I mean we just kissed.” She widened her eyes and rolled them.

“Oh my God Liam seriously? I mean we just kissed!” Liam mimicked her in a feminine voice and with animated hand movements.

“Hey!” She retorted, as her eyebrows scrunched up together in annoyance.

“Hey!”

“Liam please.”

“Liam please.”

“Will you stop it?”

“Will you stop it?” He laughed.

“Faith you’re beautiful!”

“Faith you’re beautiful.” He laughed but then stopped. “Oh crap.”

“Ha!” She jumped onto the ground and pulled on his cheeks until they turned red. “You are sho sho cute Liam.” She puckered her lips and planted a kiss on his nose.

“Do you want to see her?”

“Yeah, I guess.” She was unsure.

Liam logged into Facebook and searched for Scarlett Weiner. A list of profiles came up, and he clicked on the second one. She wasn’t on his friend list for obvious reasons. But he recognized her photo immediately. How could he forget that face? When he clicked on her profile picture, it enlarged. The girl surely didn’t care about her privacy settings. Faith rolled her eyes as the she waited for the photo to load.

Faith’s eyes popped out. There were only three words that came to her mind.

Oh.

My.

God.

The girl was drop dead gorgeous. She was like a Goddess. Her dark wavy hair slid behind her shoulders. Her skin literally glowed, and her skin was a beautiful shade of pink. Faith understood why Liam fell for her. She was beautiful and nobody could deny that. The purple one shouldered dress she wore looked like it had been custom made for her. She was absolutely flawless in terms of looks. Faith felt embarrassed that she had compared herself to Scarlett. She was confident of her looks, but even so, she knew she wasn’t as pretty as Scarlett.

“If she really looks like that, I need to step up my game.” Faith said. “Oh my God. Your ex is so pretty. And me…” She pouted yet again, which made Liam melt.

“No, no. She might be. But you’re way, way prettier.” He finally said it without realizing.

Faith’s eyes shot up to meet his. “What’d you say?” A little smile formed on her lips, and when he tried to dodge the topic, she pulled at his shirt until he repeated it.

“Oh my God what a pest; fine! Fine!” He threw up his hands into the air. “Faith Connor, you’re a really, really striking beauty.”

“Thank you!” She beamed, and did little jumps on the bed’s soft mattress.

“By deer standards.” He said and immediately pinned her down on the bed, because he was sure his remark wouldn’t go down well with her. She would either throw something at him, or better still, throw herself at him literally. So, he thought, why take the risk?

*

*

*

The first ray of the morning sun hit their bedroom floor. Liam’s eyes opened and he realized that it was morning. He had a great sleep. Faith was still in his arms, wrapped in a blanket and clutching on to his arms tightly. He half sat up and gazed at her sleeping. That cute little thing! She was so adorable. He ran his hands over her black tresses, which made her mumble in her sleep and only pull him closer to herself. He wasn’t sleepy anymore. He slowly slid out of her hold, careful not to disturb her or wake her up. He checked his phone. It was only 5:17 am. He could still sleep if he wanted to, but instead he decided to catch up on the news.

The first thing he read when he opened Google news was a one-liner which mentioned him. ‘Liam Armstrong finally taken?’

“What the fuck?” He said, scratching his hair and rubbing his eyes. When he was sure of what he ahd just read, he cursed again. “What the fuck?”

He opened the link and read the whole article while Faith lay in bed, asleep.

Liam Armstrong, USA’s most eligible bachelor, and the ever single heartbreaker- is finally taken, sources have confirmed. He was spotted last night at The Annual Hollywood Halloween Night, with a woman on his shoulder. The lady, onlookers say, was in her early twenties, and accompanied Armstrong on the dance floor. If sources are to be believed, the two of them are secretly married and are staying at Paris’s most exclusive hotel, La Cielle.

“Holy shit.” He muttered under his breath. “This is ugly.”

Liam knew that this would happen. He was sure of it and knew how these things worked. He had stopped caring about it as the week passed with Faith. He had just let go. But now, he realized, this was trouble. He was about to call his mom, when she called him first instead.

“Mom.”

“What is this honey?”

“Mom, she’s… I really like her.”

“You do?” Haylee’s voice surprised him.

“Hayles. Stop eavesdropping.” He warned her.

“It’s on speaker. Bummer.” She teased him. “So what is she like?”

“Haylee, please. Let me talk.” His mom intervened. “I’m happy for you, my child. I just hope she keeps you happy.”

“She does.” Liam turned around to look at her. “This is the happiest I’ve ever been.”

“Bring her home.” His mother demanded, but in a polite and warm tone.

“Yeah loser, I want to meet her! Even in that freakish vampire getup, she’s so cute!”

“Yeah well.” He chuckled. “She’s really cute!”

“Look at my boy all grown up!” His mother said.

“Ugh. Mom!”

“Loser! Just get her here. I’m dying to meet her. What’s the name?”

“Faith.”

“Faith! That’s a cool name. We could be friends.”

“If I was her, I wouldn’t be interested in your friendship.” He teased.

“Mom!” Haylee whined to her mother.

“Stop being like kids, the two of you. Listen, Liam. Please try your best to bring her here. I understand if she has other plans, but we’d be happy…”

“Really happy.” Haylee cut her off.

“If she could come. I haven’t seen you with a girl in so long. Please Liam.” His mother requested.

His heart immediately melted. He could never say no to her and the little bitch on the other side of the phone. He decided he would convince Faith.

“Alright. I’ll bring her.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!