46. Look Who We Have Here!

The night before:

“Liam.” Haylee entered his room without permission, while he was working on his computer, his busy eyes shuttling between the screen and the keypad as he rapidly typed something.

“LIAM!” Haylee yelled when he didn’t respond.

“I heard you the first time.” He said, not averting his gaze.

“I wanted to make an offer.” She seated herself on the edge of the bed.

“Blurt it out.”

“You see, I have a degree in business management.” She studied his face carefully to gauge his probable reactions.

“You’re making no sense Hayles.”

“I’m making all the sense in the world, brother. Listen to me. I can handle your place for a few days, can’t I?”

“What do you mean?” Liam furrowed his eyebrows and stared at his sister, demanding an explanation.

“That you should go to New York.”

“Faith’s coming here already!” he laughed.

“Liam! Why can’t you be the bigger person for once? Go there, surprise her! She will probably fall in love with you all over again. What better way to end a fight?”

Lima looked at her and then threw his head back, thinking the matter over deeply. Maybe Haylee was right.

“But I can’t trust you with all my work. There are over forty companies you will be responsible for. Including T3, which is the busiest of all.”

“I can do it for two days. Please, just go.” Haylee begged him.

“I’m lucky to have a sister like you. You’re a bitch, but I love you.” Liam hugged her.

“I knew you would agree!” Haylee cheerfully cried. “Go and meet her! Trust me, she’ll be overwhelmed!”

*

*

*

Faith gaped at the sight in front of her in sheer shock. She was having a hard time believing that Liam was standing in front of her door.

“Pinch me.” She said to Liam, an expression of shock still on her pretty face.

“Okay.” He shrugged and pinched her on the arm.

“Aaahhh.” She squeaked. “You’re really here? You’re really here!”

“Yeah, I guess so.” He smirked.

“You’re here!” Her eyes welled up again and she covered her mouth, while Liam rolled his eyes at how very emotionally sensitive she was.

She looked at Liam. He was dressed perfectly from head to toe. A black hoodie, blue jeans, shades and his signature dimpled smile. Then Faith looked at her reflection in his shades.. She looked like a hung over drunkard, who hadn’t combed her hair in days. What a beautiful combination.

“Aren’t you going to invite me in?”

“Of course!” She jumped forward and hugged him. She didn’t care that her mother was watching, she was way too happy to.

“I believe we haven’t met yet.” Cecilia Connor smiled and walked towards them, removing her apron and looking at her daughter’s man excitedly. “You sure have a great taste, honey.” She winked to Faith.

Faith was pleasantly surprised at how well her mom was taking this. She had expected her to be over protective when she would first meet Liam. Probably, she thought that if he was willing enough to take Faith home, he probably loved her a lot.