31. That Thing Called Love....

Liam was impatiently waiting for her to respond, but she wouldn’t say anything. Liam was getting restless inside. ‘Why won’t she say anything?! Didn’t she like what I said?’ he thought over and over in his mind. He was getting really nervous now.

Faith had heard him, and she was now in a silent euphoric stage. Liam loved her back. After quite some time of blushing behind his back, she brought her hands up from his waist to his shoulders and wrapped her arms around them as tight as she could. She leaned into his neck and kissed him there, before saying loudly in his ears. “You just made it the best day of my life.”

A smile of relief spread across his lips, and he immediately responded, his excitement showing in his voice. “Well, let me just make it better!”

He rode the motorcycle on a road that seemed never ending. After a good twenty minutes, the bike took a gradual turn to the left and went straight until it came to a halt. She saw that they were at the seaside. She was in awe of the amazing scenic beauty of the place.

“Oh my God! Gold beaches of California! Now I know what they meant.” She exclaimed and hopped off the bike on to the ground. This part of the beach was empty, there were no people. She put her hands over her eyes to shield them from sunlight, as she took a panoramic view of the entire beach. “Wow!”

“Isn’t it absolutely stunning?” Liam asked her as he got off the bike and took off his shades.

“Absolutely.” She shook her head, genuine happiness all over her face. “This is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen!”

He came forward to where she was standing, and stopped right behind her, so that he was just a mere centimeter away from her body. While she still stared at the glistening sand in front of her, his eyes were fixated upon her. He took in the scent of her hair before finally putting his arms around her waist and resting his head in the curve between her neck and left shoulder.

“I’d still say…” He whispered, nuzzling her neck. “It’s you.”

She shivered as his breath fell upon her nape in warm spurts. Her hands involuntarily clutched his, and she tried to fit herself into his sturdy frame. He tightened his hold and cuddled her, inciting a faint giggle from Faith.

“I love you, Liam.” She turned her head and faced him. Though she was still nervous, she confessed it to him.

“I love you, too. And I just said that for the second time in thirty minutes.” He chuckled.

She looked at him expectantly, pouting. He found it extremely childish and adorable. “You’re such a kid!” He complained in a playful manner, before crashing his lips into hers. It didn’t last long though, as she pulled away and ran from him.

“Catch me if you can Liam Armstrong!” She stuck out her tongue at him, and laughed as she ran towards the beach.

“Hey!” He cried, clearly miffed. “Will I never get to finish a kiss with you? What the hell?” He ran behind her.

“Catch me if you want to finish that kiss!” She giggled in joy. She was now on the beach, running along the coastline.

“I hope you remember that I used to be a jock!” He breathed in between his sentences. “You’ll never outrun me Bambi!”

He ran quite fast, and had almost caught up to her. She looked back once, and was terrified when she realized that he was almost near her. “Oh my God!” She yelled. “Nooo!” She ran as fast as legs would take her.

It was only a matter of seconds before he got her. She was running as if somebody was after her life, but within the blink of an eye, she felt his muscular arms wrap around her stomach and lift her up into the air.

“Oh man!” She screamed and laughed at the same time. “You got me!”

“I told you!” He reached one arm behind her knees, so that she was now totally suspended in his arms. Her own arms automatically circled his neck and she was curled up in his hold. “Now, shall I?” He raised one eyebrow.

“Maybe.” She tipped her chin up. “If you took me on a piggyback ride along the beach.” She pouted.

“Okay now you are asking for way too much.” He said, copying her expression. “I’ll drop you!”

“No you won’t.” She smiled confidently and threw her legs up alternately. “You freak out when I get even a small cut on my finger. You wouldn’t just drop me and let me break my bones!” She chuckled, as she poked his cheek.

Liam let go suddenly and she fell to a certain elevation above the ground below where she was before, but he caught her again. Her heart literally came out of her mouth and went back in when he caught hold of her.

“Oh my!” She gasped. “Oh my God! Liam!” She glared at him and her eyes welled up. She fought him and got off onto the ground. “Don’t even talk to me!” She started to walk away.

“Hey! I was just kidding! I’d never let you fall!” He spread out his arms and shrugged. But she didn’t stop, or even look at him.

“Bambi?” He put his hands into his pockets. “You know I could catch you again right?”

She still wouldn’t stop walking away.

He rolled his eyes and started to follow her. He gradually quickened his pace and caught her again. When she didn’t move in his arms, he let go. He kneeled down on the sand.

“Fine!” he looked up at her. “Come!”

Her upset face morphed into a happy one, and she laughed at him. She climbed on to his back and put her arms on his chest, pushing them in through his sides. As he stood up, she circled her legs around his waist. Her joy knew no bounds at that moment. She was getting a ride from her boyfriend, and it was even more fun to watch him carry her around with an irritated expression, although she knew that he’s so anything for her.

“Now, for all that I’ve done, and am still doing, a kiss wouldn’t be sufficient payment.” He talked in a manner which made it seem like he was presenting in a business conference. “I’ll need more.”

“Well you won’t get it yet!” She swatted him on the shoulder.

“Are you negotiating with me?” He laughed. “Well, you’re getting heavier by the way.”

“I don’t care! I’m having so much fun!”

“I’m not.” He groaned, slouched down by her weight, though he was strong enough to bear it easily.

They covered around half a kilometer in that position, after which Faith began to feel really bad for the boy.

“Put me down now!”

He willingly did so, and stretched himself. “Wow, I feel like I’m floating suddenly.”

She didn’t respond by words. She came in front of him, lifted herself up by putting all her weight on her toes and gave him a long, warm kiss. He went with the flow and cupped her face in his hands, slowly moving them down to her waist and then her hips. Faith’s breathing became heavier, and the kiss grew deeper. He delved inside her mouth, and she couldn’t feel her legs anymore. It felt like she was in some kind of a dream. The way her body reacted to him was beyond anything she had ever felt. There was silence all around, except for the noise of the waves of the ocean hitting the shore.

As they ended the kiss, he planted another small peck on her lips. “Faith…” He whispered. “Never, ever leave me.”

“Never.” She looked into his eyes. She noticed how they matched the color of the ocean which crashed against the shore beside them. Liam took off his shirt and took in the fresh air. He turned Faith around and hugged her from behind. His bare torso felt really warm and cozy and she was enjoying every single moment of it.

“For the third time.” He said, rubbing his cheeks against hers, “I love you, Faith Connor.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!