8. Dancing To The Music!!

Liam extended his hand out and gave Faith a nod. Faith took his hand, blushing and smiling. They inched closer and Liam rested his hand on Faith’s waist. She reciprocated by placing her hand on his shoulder. The man with the guitar now played an even more melodious piece, as they swayed effortlessly to the music. They were both enjoying themselves.

“I thought a rude businessman bozo like you wouldn’t know how to dance.” Faith whispered in his ear, as the people on the bus cheered on.

“Well, the bozo does know how to dance. By the way, you are not bad yourself.”

“Bad?” She sounded surprised. “What do you mean not bad? I’m excellent!”

Liam couldn’t help rolling his eyes. He felt happy, content. This is exactly the feeling he wanted this vacation to give him, but this was not the way he had planned it out. It was almost like he was a different person. Smiling, joking, and dancing. Dancing! He hadn’t done it in years, and now, here he was. This vacation was going really good so far. He decided that it was okay to ease out from being his usual asshole self.

As they gave a final bow, all their spectators clapped for them. Faith was blushing, almost as if she had won an Oscar. She couldn’t stop thanking everyone.

“Stop that!” Liam hissed, embarrassed. “Let’s get on with the sightseeing shall we?”

They took their seats and Faith took out her camera. She kept on clicking everything she saw. Literally everything. Liam gawked at her and made faces. She clicked the Notre Dame de Paris, the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel tower, apartments, people, restaurants, cars, birds, people fighting, children crying, until Liam took the camera from her hand.

“We are going to each of the locations individually later on. You can click pictures then, alright?” Liam asked.

Faith snatched back her camera, “To you, Paris might not be a big deal, but this has been my dream for so long. I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to come here again. Ever. So let me bask in my excitement.”

Saying this, she suddenly pulled him closer, both their cheeks touching, and screamed out loud. “Say cheese!”

Liam thought it was stupid, but he didn’t want to look bad in the photo, so he smiled.

Looking at the photo she had just taken, Faith said after looking at it for some time. “You have dimples.”

Liam almost fell from his seat. “Wait, isn't it too soon to notice that?” He said with sarcasm, putting an effort on pronouncing the words in such a manner that his dimples were visible. "I mean I don't even have to show them off!" He chuckled, as the long twin depressions adorned his cheeks on both sides.

“Well, you hardly ever smile. And when you do, you’re mocking me. So I’m busy thinking of a comeback. Wow! They’re really…cute.” She looked up at him and beamed. “I hate to admit it, but you’re really… you know.”

“I am really?” Liam nudged her in the arm, flashing his dimples.

“Cute.” Faith was blushing like somebody had just exposed her most embarrassing secret in front of the entire world.

“And?”

“And hot. Fine! You’re incredibly hot.” Faith was looking down at her camera.

Liam was laughing out loud by now. She had finally admitted it. He looked at her. She was beautiful. But he decided against saying that to her face. “Thank you Faith.”

“Look!” Faith pointed at everything that she found amusing, and forced Liam to look, too. She smiled at him and they took more pictures together. They were completely unaware how adorable they looked together. No wonder even strangers thought them to be a couple, even though they weren’t together. By noon, the bus tour was over and they were both hungry.

“Now what? Back to the limo so that we can go somewhere fancy to eat?” Faith asked. As they walked down the beautiful Paris streets.

“No!” Liam said, almost questioning her. “Are you crazy?”

Faith’s jaw fell. “Is this really you Liam?”

“What? I liked it. Fresh air is way better than a limousine fragranced with a car freshener.”

Faith nodded and smiled at him, as if telling him she understood. She was amazed. This man that she had known for one day and a few hours went from a rude stranger to someone whose company she was enjoying. She had come to Paris thinking that she would tour the city with numerous other strangers and live in a cheap hotel somewhere. No friends, just tourists from all parts of the world. Little did she know that she would meet someone who could make this the best trip of her life. For Liam, spending time with someone other than himself was proving to be a very right decision. He could not recall a time in the last seven years when he was anywhere close to being this happy. They were both completing each other in ways they did not know.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!