58. Back On Track

“Oh m…” Faith’s words died out. She was shocked and happy at the same time. Her lips broke into the biggest smile and her hands flew to her face. “You’re here!”

“Yeah, who else would get an ice cream for an idiot like you?” He smiled as he started walking, but then stopped and turned to the kid. “Your job’s done, kid. Thanks. Now bye.”

The kid giggled and ran away. Liam turned towards Faith and put his hands into his pocket. “So?”

“So? So?” Faith shook her head. “You idiot! You left me here all alone? If you ever do that again, I’m not gonna talk to you.”

“I didn’t leave you.” He rolled his eyes. “How am I here then? Do I look like a hologram?”

“Are you seriously gonna fight me right now?” Faith scoffed.

“No, I’m gonna kiss you right now.”

Faith’s heartbeat picked up again. Before she could process anything else, her legs made her run forward and crash right into his arms! “I love you. So so much.”

“Yeah, I kind of overheard your conversation with the kid.” He said as he brought his face near Faith’s. “You’re really loud.”

“Kiss me already will you?”  She playfully hit his chest.

Liam chuckled before finally planting a light kiss on her lips, which quickly turned into a full fledged one. They kissed each other in the middle of the park, as onlookers stopped and some even clicked photos of the young couple. What was a better place to display an act of love?!

“Look at them going all French in Paris.” Haylee giggled.

“Yeah, I’m not even looking.” Logan said, as he walked with his head turned to his side.

Faith and Liam finally ended their long kissing session and came back to their senses. Faith took a longer time, given how she had felt his lips after such a long time and the effect that he always had on her had made a return yet again. She turned and looked at Haylee.

“Hayles!” She opened her arms and ran towards her. They hugged each other like friends who were meeting after ages. “How are you now?”

“Oh I’m fine!” She waved her hand. “If I wasn’t fine, who do you think put sense into this moron’s head?” She referred to her brother.

He sheepishly smiled and focused his gaze onto the ground. Then he looked up at Faith and smiled at her, as if telling her how much he loved her. Faith looked at him and shook her head mockingly.

“Of course.”

“He dragged me to the airport.” Haylee rolled her eyes. “But I didn’t let him get on the plane.”

“And then she called me and told me her next plan.” Logan spoke. “And then I kind of set you up here. Thankfully, it was foggy. Or else we would have had to figure out something else to make you stay.”

Faith ran and hugged them both. “Could I ask for better siblings?”

“We love you!” Haylee chirped.

“Yeah, umm.” Logan nodded, not mouthing the cheesy lines Haylee and Faith could so easily throw at each other.

Liam stood awkwardly and then said. “Aren’t you guys forgetting somebody?”

“Not really.” Haylee chuckled.

***

“So…” Liam looked Faith in the eyes as she glanced up at him. “Are you still considering the job?”

“Definitely.” She smiled.

“And umm.” Liam mumbled, unsure, and looked out of the door at Haylee and Logan, who were secretly peeking inside.

Liam puffed his cheeks as he nervously looked at Haylee. Haylee angrily whispered something, and threatened to hit him if he didn’t do what she had asked him to.

Liam whispered to her inaudibly. “Okay, bitch.” He turned to Faith. “Faith…”

“Yep.”

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” She smiled as she stuffed more of her clothes into her suitcase.

“I want to love you all my life.”

She stopped and took notice this time. “That’s so sweet. Me too. Oh, Liam. I’m gonna be right there by your side.”

“Yeah, but.” He looked at Haylee and frowned at her, as if asking her to go away. She stuck her tongue out at him and then fully shut the door without a noise. Liam felt a bit more confident now, as he moved closer to Faith.

“Well, somebody is feeling a bit too romantic today.” Faith chuckled, as Liam put his fingers through hers and pulled her arms behind her waist.

“You bet.” His tone turned serious, and his face was so close to hers that she could feel his breath on her lips.

“What happened to you?” She nervously laughed.

“Faith. I know that we have known each other for a short time. But I swear that I haven’t felt this way about anyone in my entire life. I know that this is right. This feels right. I cannot imagine a moment of my life apart from you. And I will do anything it takes to keep you with me. Now, and forever.”

“Oh my God, you’re watching way too many chick flicks. You must stop…” Her words were cut short when she felt something cold slip onto her finger.

He brought her hand forward and held it up, as he went down on his knees.

“Faith Connor, will you marry me?”

Do not miss the picture attachment! I had been waiting to post it :)
Vote and comment if you liked this chapter! ♡