57. Beneath The Eiffel Tower

They headed back to the hotel. Faith was immensely upset. She couldn’t hold back her tears anymore. Her cheeks were stained with tears and she didn’t say a word during the taxi ride back to the hotel.

“We’ll leave tomorrow, okay?” Logan asked in a low voice. The look on his sister’s face was killing him.

She just responded by softly gripping his palm. He sighed and pulled her into a hug. They checked back into the hotel. Surprisingly, they didn’t charge them. Apparently, Liam had made all payments. Even that thought made her want to cry because it reminded her of him.

“Hey, I haven’t toured Paris yet.” Logan said awkwardly. “Let’s have a twin’s day out?”

“Sure.” She said meekly, packing her stuff. “But I want to leave right after.”

“Yes, absolutely!” He said in an overtly cheerful voice. “Ouch, my head.”

“Are you okay?” She ran to him. “You know what? We’re leaving first thing in the morning.”

***

Faith woke up to a cold chill in the air. “It’s so cold today.”

She looked out of the window, and it was just a thick fog which she couldn’t see through. “Damn it.” She ran over to Logan who was asleep on the couch, and checked his head. He was still pretty weak and needed rest. “Oh man.” She dropped her head.

Logan woke up. “Hey, you’re up. Whoa.” He said when his eyes landed on the scene outside the window. “That is some fog. I bet all flights will be cancelled.”

“Oh no!” Her eyes widened. “I didn’t realize that.”

She wanted to get out of Paris as soon as possible, but things just weren’t in her favor. Liam was so far away in LA now, angry and not willing to talk to her. It was now that she realized how silly she had been and how much she missed him. She was stuck in Paris which brought back all the memories and made it too painful.

“Well.” She said after a long pause. “The Eiffel tower’s nearby. We can at least go there.”

“Sounds good.” He nodded in approval.

***

“This thing is massive.” Logan looked up at the tip of the tower. “More than I had imagined.”

“I know.” Faith said dully. She wasn’t really in the mood to go sightseeing, but she did it anyway. She couldn’t go back home, but at least she could make her brother’s day.

“I’ll see around this place myself. It’s fine.” Logan smiled, and pointed at the grass below. “You sit here.”

“Are you sure? You still look like you need a doctor.” She rolled her eyes.

“Hey! DO you want me PMSing again? Sit!” He ordered.

Faith grunted but obeyed him. She sat down, and put her bag on her lap. “Be careful. Don’t hit your head or something.”

“Yeah, I’m not a klutz like you. Chill.” Logan rolled his eyes and walked away.

Faith sat there, looking around at the other tourists and occasionally checking her phone. She was starting to get really bored. Normally in this sort of a situation, she would hum a song or dance. But she wasn’t even in the mood. Her heart and mind were still hanging onto Liam, and he was the only thing on her mind, no matter how much she tried not to think about him.

Her eyes fell on a couple who were talking and chuckling among themselves. They looked so happy, and the love they shared was pretty evident. They reminded her of Liam and herself. The past few weeks flashed in front of her eyes. Every moment she had spent with him played like a movie in her head. His eyes which made her go weak in the knees, his smile which instantly let her know that he was up to something, and his dimples which were seriously the cutest things she had ever seen. How she had become attached to a stranger in just about two months was beyond her. Tears started flowing out of her eyes, and she just let them.

A little kid walked up to her. He was wearing thermals that doubled his size. His blonde hair was all messy, but he had this cute smile which never left his face. His pale cheeks were splattered with red, probably from the cold.

“Hi.” He said, smiling, his hands behind his back.

Faith’s eyes lit up and she wiped her tears. “Hey!”

“Why are you crying?” The kid asked her.

“Because I did something really stupid.” She pouted.

“What did you do?” He edged her.

Faith chuckled. “I sort of lost somebody whom I love a lot.”

“They died?” The kid’s eyes went big and moistened up.

“No, no! He’s alive.” She tried to calm him down. “Don’t say that!”

“He?”

“Yeah.”

“Where did he go?”

“He went home, because I angered him. I made him all mad.” She moved her head animatedly.

“Is he like a really really angry person?” The kid wouldn’t let go.

“Well… sometimes. But he is so cute otherwise. He is the nicest person.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. He is the most special guy. Although he’s not with me. But I love him very, very much.”

“Is he that nice?”

“Yeah. If he was here, he would have bought you an ice cream!”

“Like this?” The kid brought out his hand from his back. He was holding a cup of chocolate ice cream in his hand. It was the exact same variety which Liam had bought for her when she had cried in front of the Eiffel tower.

Her heartbeat accelerated. “Yeah. Just like this.”

“You can have it. It was for you anyway.” The kid threw back his head and giggled.

“For me?” Faith asked, confused.

“Yeah. He gave it to me to give it to the pretty woman in the pink dress sitting all alone in the park.” The kid pointed to her outfit.

“He? Who?” her heart started beating really fast.

The kid pointed his finger in a certain direction. She followed his finger and looked into the distance, hoping to see him. She took a few steps forward, when she found who the kid was talking about.

A man in his thirties maybe, flashing a stupid grin and waving to her, probably trying to woo her. Faith’s heart dropped. How could she even expect him to be here?! He was gone.

“That stupid guy in the blue shirt? I don’t want his ice cream.” Faith chuckled half heartedly and handed the cup of ice cream back to the kid. “You can have it.” She smiled and planted a kiss on his cheek before walking away.

Just then, a deep, familiar voice filled the air.

“Do I look like a stupid guy to you? And this is a black suit, Bambi.”

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter ♡