19. Shut Up And Kiss The Girl!!

Liam and Faith arrived at the venue at around eight o’clock. Liam stepped out of the limousine in a very casual manner, not caring to look around and acknowledge the drooling looks the women there were giving him. Faith on the other hand, as excited as she might have been back at the hotel, was getting the jitters now. She just wouldn’t step out of the limo.

“Come out! What the hell?” Liam tugged at her arm.

“No, there are so many celebrities here. I’m so nervous!” She resisted his pull.

Finally, Liam decided he’d do what he had to do. He opened the door as wide as it would go and extended his upper body into the limo. He put his arms around Faith and clasped them around her tiny waist, as he pulled her out in one swift move. He put her on his shoulder and she was now in no position to break free. Faith was shocked and terrified at the same time.

“Wow, you’re strong.” She patted his biceps. “Can you please put me down now?”

“Sure, after we get in.”

Just then, a whole bunch of paparazzi members crowded around them and started clicking photos. Liam didn’t seem to mind for the first time in his life, and Faith, who was hanging upside down over his shoulders, smiled in that same awkward position at the camera. She mentally thought over how she would explain all these things to her parents when she got home, but then put all her worries away. She was at a high profile Hollywood party! Instead of freaking out, she should have been enjoying herself.

Liam put her down as soon as they entered the huge hall where the party was being held. It was lit dimly by blue lights, and several disco balls splattered dots of light across the room. The music was too loud, and Liam creased his forehead. But Faith started to jump and dance as soon as her eyes adjusted to the darkness. Talk about flipping out earlier.

She would frequently spot a celebrity and as soon as she did, she grabbed Liam’s arms and squeezed them, as she jumped in excitement.  “Look! There’s Mila Kunis!” “Oh. My. God. Did I just walk past Ashley Benson?” “What the hell is Taylor Swift doing here?!” “I’ve been crushing on Matt Lanter for ages. This is my chance.”

Liam would embarrassingly pull her back every time she tried to reach out to a celebrity, and ask her to keep a low profile. The celebrities tried not to cause any havoc around Liam, because they knew it would end up in news the very next day. So, it was more or less a decent party, at least after he arrived. People should have hated him for this, and most of the men did. But the women seemed to take his achingly perfect good looks over hating him any day. Some people used to say how his rudeness made him even sexier, while others said that they would marry him solely for that attitude he carried. However, nobody stood a chance.

“Okay, you won’t even let me talk to a few celebs?” Tears formed in her eyes. “How many times will I get this opportunity?”

“Oh my God please no. Not again. Don’t cry. I’m sorry!” He involuntarily cupped his palms around her face.

She felt her cheeks heat up, and stiffened. Her eyes were locked onto him. Their gaze was broken when a male voice greeted them.

“Liam! How nice is it to see you with a young lady finally!” The middle aged man said. He wore a very strange costume; Faith wasn’t even sure what he was trying to be. As Liam withdrew his hands from her cheeks, she pouted.

“Jake!” He said, not too happy to see him. “Faith, this is Jake, he owns Shutterbug magazine.”

“Oh my God! I love that magazine! Nice to meet you!” She extended her hand, much to Liam’s displeasure. But before Jake could return the gesture, Liam caught hold of Faith’s hand and pushed it back to her side.

“This is my girlfriend, Faith.” He said, shooting a cold glare at Jake.

“Oh, good for both of you.” He gave them a creepy smile. “Enjoy the party. You have a beautiful woman.” He raised his glass and walked away, much to Liam’s relief.

As soon as he was gone, Liam snapped at Faith. “Why were you so enthusiastic around that pervert?”

“But I…”

“Shut up! Don’t talk to a single guy here unless I approve.” He said angrily, and then added, “And a few women too.”

Faith chuckled. “Are you jealous?”

“What?” He laughed nervously. “No!”

“Oh my God, you totally are!” She crossed her arms in delight.

“Shut up!” He said, at a loss of anything better to say. “Let’s just dance.”

He pulled her to the centre of the dance floor. Several jealous glances were shot at Faith, but she was too busy enjoying herself with Liam.

“Come on Bambi, show me your moves. Some real ones this time, that is if you've got any!” He chuckled, making her roll her eyes.

“Okay, you might just fall off the stage after you see this.” Faith mockingly warned him, as she started swaying her body to the beats of the music. She moved very swiftly and in a fluid like motion.  Her arms moved effortlessly, and she looked like a goddess as she danced. Liam was in a trance. He didn’t expect that Faith would turn out to be an absolute dancing diva.

But then he remembered that he was no less himself. He promptly bridged the distance between them, as he caught hold of her hand and pulled her closer. She was held tightly against his body, and she stiffened again. He then moved his hand to her hips and used the other to hold her hand. As they danced, everybody else stopped dancing and looked at the young pair. The spotlight was on them, but they were too busy to realize. When the song ended, they involuntarily stopped dancing and the room erupted with cheers and claps.

The buzz had already started doing the rounds that the girl who had come to the party as a vampire was Liam Armstrong’s girlfriend. Even though he was not a part of Hollywood in a mainstream way, he was always in the news, one of the main reasons being his good looks. Many female celebrities had made advances towards him which were declined. And now, many jealous whispers were heard because he was apparently taken.

The two of them were still looking at each other, a calm expression on their faces. They could both feel something towards each other. They didn’t care about anything at that moment. The look in Faith’s eyes gave Liam a positive vibe. His night was made.

*

*

*

The time in the elevator was awkward for both of them. Alone, quiet and infatuated towards each other. They stepped out and started making their way to their suite. When they were in their room, Liam finally gathered all his courage as he shut the door.

“Faith… listen.”

She froze. “Yeah?” She couldn’t find it in her to look up at him. Her energetic self was gone, and it was replaced by a shy girl who knew what was about to happen.

“I don’t know how, when or why this happened, and I certainly did not think it would happen.” He paused. “But it happened, and I can’t help it. I think…” He paused again, and the pause seemed to go on forever. It seemed like he had forgotten how to speak. He was stunned himself at how nerve wrecking this was.

Faith waited for him to say something, but all she heard was "I think... Faith... umm."

“Oh cut the crap Liam!” She suddenly burst out and walked right up to him. She caught hold of his shirt and pulled him closer to herself, flicking his hat away. She pressed her lips against his, and her whole body heated up from the act. Electricity shot through her body when Liam kissed her back as his hands moved on her waist. He turned her around and pinned her hands against the wall, as all his bottled up emotions finally came up to the surface. There was no stopping them anymore.

Vote and comment if you liked this chapter!