48. There She Goes Again...!

Liam glared at Faith without a word as she drove away. Since when did she turn so reckless? He completely ignored the fact that he was freezing now, and his lips were bluish now. He swept back his hair using his fingers, and climbed out of the pond. The wind hit his body and he shivered. “Holy crap.”

He had difficulty in finding Faith’s house the first time, but the way to the same was etched in his mind now. He took in a deep breath before muttering to himself. “Brace yourself, Liam.”

He pulled up his already broad chest and walked with a confident stride like the cold wind didn’t affect him at all. There was nobody around, so he hurriedly crossed over to the more busy parts of the city, hoping to get a lift. The moment he exited the small street from where they had come to this place, he was now in the public eye. At first, it seemed like a common commotion on any given day in New York City. But within moments, people started to notice him, especially the women.

Liam Armstrong.

Hottest guy in town.

Shirtless.

Dripping wet.

Normal, usual noise didn’t take long to turn into a hurricane of screams and excited squealing, as women crowded him and squeezed the hell out of him. Then, he had a brilliant idea. Some of the women were very attractive, it was a different thing that he wasn’t interested.

“Ladies, I need a ride.” He said with the cutest puppy face one could pull off.

A collective mix of various positive and hyper positive responses overwhelmed him. He looked to see who was the prettiest of all. There was a brunette with red lipstick and straight hair pulled back. Her features were undeniably beautiful and defined. Liam moved forward towards her and put his arms behind his back.

“Do you think you could give me a ride?” He cocked his eyebrows, doing his sexy stare with her. The woman almost tripped.

“Yes! Yes! Please!”

He sat in her car. The woman was overexcited and kept trying to hit on him.

“Why are you naked?” She giggled.

“I’m not naked. Just shirtless.” He tried to be as sweet as he could. “It’s a long story.”

“So, what brings you to New York? Probably some business thingy?”

“No, actually a girlfriend thingy.” He scrunched his nose and smiled at her.

“Oh, right. So you guys still dating?”

“Pretty much.” He nodded. He was finding it hard to keep on talking. This wasn’t Haylee or Faith whom he could just ask to shut up. Not that they’d listen, but still. The woman was getting on his nerves. She kept going on and on. On top of that, the wind wasn’t making it any easier. It was too cold, and he was putting up a face as if he didn’t feel a thing.

“You know that feeling right? When you’re single and you see all these happy couples around you. You get so desperate, isn’t it?”

Liam was looking out of the window. He wasn’t paying attention now; he had lost her somewhere between Prada and being too curvy.

“Mr. A?” She chuckled at how cute she thought it sounded. Liam snapped his head towards her.

“Huh?” He looked lost. “Yeah, of course!” He nodded, as if he had heard every single word she ranted about. “Oh, there’s my girlfriend’s house!”

The woman reluctantly stopped the car and watched him open the door and get out. “Hey, come in.” he smiled at her.

“Really? She won’t mind?” She cracked her knuckles, anticipating an answer.