47. When In New York!

Faith’s eyes nearly popped out of her sockets and her mouth could barely contain her teeth anymore. When Liam, while he was still on the phone, noticed her getting all excited, he figured that she must have seen the email.

“I’ll call you back.” He hung up on the person who had called him and now he was speaking to Faith. “You little devil. You ruined my surprise didn’t you?”

Faith stood up on the bed and when he reached the bed’s edge, she knelt down and put her arms around his neck.  “I love you!”

Liam’s anger was instantly replaced by affection as he saw his cute lady puckering and showering her affection on him. “Yeah. You better, double S."

“Double S?” Faith tilted her head and narrowed her eyes.

“Surprise spoiler.” He held his lips tightly clenched so that a smile wasn’t let out.

“Still better than Bambi.”

“I think we’ll keep Bambi.”

*

*

*

“I will show you what New York is like!” Faith said with extra swag to Liam, as she sat in the driver’s seat of her car. She had asked Logan to let her drive his one, but he didn’t let her. So Faith and Liam were left with her old, little shell of a car. Liam didn’t seem to mind. He was just happy that Faith was taking him for a drive.

“Look! That is the Empire State Building!” Faith exclaimed.

Liam made a face at her. “I was a student at NYU, remember? Why do you think I don’t know what that is?”

“Oh, right. Then we shouldn’t go on a city tour! Let’s go eat!”

“No! I’m here after such a long time! I want to drive around!”

“Well, I’m the one driving.” Faith complained. “And I’m hungry!”

Liam did a facepalm. “Switch over. I’ll drive.”

Faith gladly switched places with him and came to the other side and sat down in the passenger seat. Liam took the driver’s seat and started the car.

“Wow. What a great car.” He said without any enthusiasm.

“Everybody cannot afford a limousine.” Faith tipped her chin up and looked away.

Liam ignored her words and drove through the streets just fast enough to stay exactly at the speed limit and yet not cross it at any given time. Faith always drove slowly, and from what she had seen of his driving so far, she knew of him as a disciplined driver. So, she was taken aback when she saw him driving really fast.

“Whoa whoa!” She tapped him on his shoulders. “What are you doing?”

“I am taking a shower. Can’t you see I’m driving?!”

“But this fast? Slow down!”

“No, I’ll take you somewhere! Shut up and enjoy the drive!”

Liam drove through little streets in such an experienced matter that it seemed like he knew the city like the back of his hand. Faith was surprised and glanced at him and the road alternately.

“Liam! Where are you taking me?” She cried.

He kept quiet and drove into a rather secluded area. It was hovered over by apartments and buildings, but the back side was surprisingly quiet and empty,in stark contrast to the usual noisy city. It was unbelievably dark in there.