1 • you know how we get down

"When will you stop watching him? Dude I get he's cool and all, but I think you're obsessed."

Donghyuck heard this a lot, especially from his best friend, Jeno as they lived in the same dorm. Currently, the younger was watching another fan cam of 'Jopping', directed towards one certain member.

Donghyuck coughed, clapping his hands together as he leant closer to Jeno.

"Opinionated but I'm spitting straight facts," he simply replied, quoting that certain member's line in the song. Jeno huffed in defeat as he leant backwards, crossing his arms over his chest.

It was no secret that Donghyuck adored Mark Lee. The boy usually fanboyed over many kpop groups, but ever since a new group had formed a few weeks ago, his eyes couldn't be taken off them. Significantly one. Although looks and talent were the reason he was an idol, Donghyuck admired the boy's passion. The confidence and pronunciation in every line that he spoke, the happiness and dedication he held in his beautiful orbs whilst dancing just mesmerised the younger boy. Donghyuck sung, actually. Not as a career, yet, however he would record some covers and post them on his youtube channel once in a while just for fun; people liked it anyways so why not? Recently he'd also taken interest in dancing- before he discovered Mark- it was something that came natural to him for some reason, also something that caused Jeno quite a bit of jealousy as he'd practised for so long, but Donghyuck had caught up with him in no time.

The silver-haired boy pouted as the fancam finished, although his pout hadn't been there for long as another one popped up automatically, the sound of 'Super Car' filling the living room of the dorm.

"Renjun, I need your help, Hyuck is mentally
gone, like- he won't- I know! I mean- Yes I've tried- No of course not? Just come over please?"

Donghyuck rolled his eyes before reacher over the sofa to grab the remote control, powering the television off. He sighed and turned to face his best friend, eyebrows raised and shoulders slumped, looking very, very squishy and cute.

"Happy now?" He asked, putting on a smile. Jeno couldn't help but grin back, poking one of his cheeks. He remembered when they were younger he loved how chubby Donghyuck was, but now all of that was gone, and he was incredibly fit, unfortunately for Jeno.

A pout was evident on his face as he tried again to poke his cheek.
It failed.
He tried again, and ag-

"I am not a fucking Park Jisung dude!" he yelled, exasperatedly as he threw his hands up in the air. Jeno broke into fits of laughter, imagining the sight of many little hands poking Jisung's cheeks, and the boy just sitting as if nothing was happening.

"Okay, okay," Jeno wheezed as he gradually cleared his throat and dusted himself down.

"vRoom! liKe a bLaCk cAr-"

Donghyuck blushed as he grabbed his phone, reluctantly silencing the beautiful ringtone.

"What do you want, Taeil?"

Jeno heard some angry incoherent comments, something about 'hyung to you, you ungrateful brat' and 'don't you know how to respect your elderlies' but that was all he made out.

"Yes yes, okay father," Hyuck replied, grumbling as he put the phone down, not before Jeno catching a glance of Marks face on his best friend's lock screen.

"What happened?" Jeno asked, curious.

"Taeil Hyung just told me to stop fanboying over Mark. He doesn't realise, Jeno," The younger tutted, slipping his phone back into his pocket. Jeno shook his head, playing along with the boy as he bit back a laugh whilst seeing the ashamed look on the latter's face.

"Hello lovelies."

The two boys on the sofa jumped slightly at the sudden voice, turning to face the door. Standing by the door was Renjun, in all his glory wearing an incredibly loose shirt exposing his collarbones, and very, very tight black jeans. Jeno may have choked at the sight.

Donghyuck, on the other hand, just raised an eyebrow in confusion at the chinese.
"How did you get in?"

"You guys should really lock the door next time," he replied, shaking his head as he walked nearer to them, setting a few takeaway bags down. "I doubt you've eaten, considering you stayed up all night waiting for somebody's vlive, am I right?"

Donghyuck looked down, knowing the older was right and made a small nod, receiving the paper bags Renjun was handing him. Quietly, he mumbled a 'thank you' pulling out the ramen from the bag.

Discreetly, he winked at Jeno as he got up and left to the kitchen area, leaving the two alone. Sadly, he knew Jeno would end up choking on Renjun's beauty, but it wasn't his fault. Besides, all he'd do to start choking was catch a glimpse of Mark in a performance and there he went, on a full session of trying to calm his throat down.

As he pouted the boiling water into his bowl of ramen, his mind kept straying to Mark, and how he was obsessing over a boy roughly his age- yet there was no chance of the older every catching sight of him. It was sad, although it was reality whether he liked it or not.

"Ah fuck!" He winced, feeling a splash of boiling water hit his hand. His hand automatically retracted, and put the kettle down with the other. Quickly, the boy rushed to the sink, running cold water as he stuck his hand underneath it. Already, he could see a purple burn forming on the back of his hand, looking as painful as it actually was.

Trying to sooth the pain, he flailed his hand around like a maniac, attempting to rid the heat quite stupidly, yet nothing was working.

"Hyuck what happened?"

The said boy turned around to find Renjun and Jeno there, confused as they saw him just randomly flinging his hands around.

"I- I uh burnt my hand."

Renjun smacked his forehead and went over to the freezer, retrieving an ice pack, wrapping it in a kitchen towel.

"Here, put it on your hand for a while."

Donghyuck scrunched up his nose as the cold block came in contact with his beautiful warm hand yet reluctantly kept it there.

"Just keep it on, Jeno and I are going out for a bit so just stay here, okay?"

Donghyuck laughed, "I'm not a child, Jun."

"Uh, yes you are but okay."

They then left the younger in the apartment, leaving to go on some kind of date, as Donghyuck liked to think.