12 • roof's on fire

Settling himself down on the comfy cushion of Donghyuck's sofa, he couldn't help but let his eyes trail back to the boy who was currently working at his kitchen island. He simply turned around to switch the kettle on and-

Fuck he had an ass.

It took Mark everything he could grab in that moment to not let his eyes linger on that spot for one more moment, and decided on slapping himself. Rather harshly.

"Are you okay?"

Donghyuck whipped round in an instant, and for a split-second, Mark almost frowned as the sight of his glorious ass was lost, but soon forgot about that after seeing his face once more.

"YEah!" he choked out, putting his hands up in a thumbs up, but being the clumsy boy he is, he ended up knocking over a mug of abandoned coffee, resulting in it splaying everywhere, and breaking the mug in the process.

Donghyuck raised an eyebrow.

Mark panicked.
"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck I'm so sorry I'll clear that up now-"

The younger smoothly glided over and pushed Mark back. "You'll get hurt!"

The older gaped. "I'm older than you!"

"iM oLder thAn yOu!" Donghyuck mimicked, rolling his eyes. "Sure don't act like it; I practically felt your eyes on me and my-"

"Okay!" Mark shrieked, slamming his hand over the smaller's mouth to prevent any further embarrassment.

The latter let out a small giggle, going to clear up the porcelain on the floor. "I'm just kidding! I can't let you clean up glass, you might stab yourself by accident," he pouted.

And man, Mark admired those lips.

"What about you?" he frowned.

Donghyuck laughed. "I don't have millions of people to notice a few scratches on my
hand, but you do, celebrity," he chuckled, nudging Mark playfully.

He continued to gather up the broken pieces and threw them in the trash, just a few blobs of blood here and there, nothing too serious.

"Well you have one here," the older confessed, stretching himself out as much as possible to grasp the other's attention.

He just rolled his eyes. "The point is, you're important okay?"

Mark stood up, walking over to the boy who was leaning on the white wall, dabbing at his hands. He took a few strides over to him until the boy looked up.

"And you're saying you're not?"

"Not necessarily," he replied.

Mark raised his eyebrow, closing further distance between the two; he placed his hands on either side of the smaller and looked down.

"You're very important, do you understand?"

Donghyuck stared back into his dark eyes. "In what way, Hyung?"

Mark's heart began to palpitate faster at the name, even if it was an expected duty. "So many people. You're parents, friends- me," he smiled, lifting a hand to stroke the younger's cheek, but hastily pulling it back as the other might not be comfortable with skinship.

"You were the first fan I met who looked up to me so much," he continued, but smirked slightly. "And the boldest. Giving me your number."

Donghyuck flushed and looked down, a smile gracing his beautiful lips.

"I didn't think you'd actually message me," he defended.

"But you hoped," Mark teased.

"Indeed," he nodded, defeated. He lifted his head when feeling light fingertips at the bottom of his chin.

"But I'm serious, if anything, you're more important than I am."

Donghyuck chuckled. "Thanks, but I beg to differ. Anyways, I realised that I'm out of coffee, d'you wanna grab some from the cafe nearby?"

Mark hesitated, but remembered he had his mask and hat. He could borrow a pair of sunglasses from Donghyuck.

But as if on cue, the said boy nudged him. "I have glasses or something if you're still new to the paparazzi and all."

He gratefully nodded.

"So which cafe do you like? I personally think the bubble tea place is good."

Mark still felt a bit uneasy. The last time he went out, it was safe to say that, not him exactly, but his group was practically bombarded with cameras and people. He didn't want to bring Donghyuck into any of it but he deep down knew that people only came for the rest of the group, he was just a small addition anyways.

Which is why he valued the smaller boy so much. It was like he looked up to Mark as if he was inspiration, and happiness.

He made him feel a certain way that Mark felt queasy inside, but not in a bad way at all.

Donghyuck sensed the tension in the boy's body, and without any extra conversation, he slipped his hand into the older's, pulling him in the direction of the boba tea place.

"Boba it is!" He chirped, racing to the cafe, Mark getting yanked not too far back.

As the heat encased the two, Donghyuck squeezed the elder's hand tighter, looking at him.

"I know it's different, but let loose a bit, only a few people come here and I know them all so don't fret."

In all honesty though, Mark felt more at ease than anything else at the moment. As soon as the younger had intertwined hands with him, a wash of calm ran over him, masking him completely. He was enjoying the attention quite a bit, but there was no way he'd admit it.

"Hyuck!"

Both of the boys whipped their heads around to the door, where the bell jingled in the presence of more people, and two tall boys were seen, both incredibly attractive.

"Hyunjin, Jeongin!" he called back, running over to give the younger one a hug before doing the same to the older one of the two.

Mark stood a bit awkwardly, not knowing what to do so he just slipped forwards, putting his hand back with Donghyuck's and sighing.

The younger smiled. A wide smile at the familiarity.

"Who might this be?" Hyunjin asked, brushing his hair back before putting his hand back around his partner's waist tightly, pulling him closer to his own body.

"I'm Ma-"

Donghyuck coughed loudly, causing the three to look at him with concern.

"His name is Minhyung. He's new around here."

Mark widened his eyes as he smacked his hands over his own mouth. He nearly revealed his identity!

Donghyuck however, chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, Minhyung," Jeongin grinned, hugging the rapper. Hyunjin smiled and bowed, possessively pulling the younger back and hugging him from behind.

"Let's eat!" Hyunjin exclaimed.

"And drink, dumbass. That's why we came here, gosh."