19 • watch the money monsoon

Mark stumbled a little before he attempted to set off to catch the boy in his embrace.

But someone beat him to it.

Jungwoo was already there, standing with his arms stretched out, an anxious expression etched on to his perfect face as the weight of the screaming boy collapsed onto him, clutching the older as tightly to him as possible.

"Hyuck!" he called out, dropping to the floor, his grip never once loosening. For a few moments, there was just silence.

"Fuck," he mumbled, looking up. "You saved me, Jungwoo," he stated, and after a few moments of affirmation, the ends of Donghyuck's lips tugged up immensely and he wrapped his arms around the elders neck, kissing his cheek before hopping up. Effectively leaving the latter flustered.

Mark had seen all of this in-front of his eyes, he was too late to save the boy, but it didn't stop him from trying so he continued running to the younger, and throwing himself on him.

"I'm so fucking sorry! I didn't mean for-"

"Sorry?"

Mark froze for a moment, and let the familiar hands push him away slightly. An unfamiliar action.

"Donghyuck?"

"Look, I don't know, I'm not one to judge but now you remember me? Not when I messaged you only about two fucking hundred times? I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I don't want to be weighing you down."

Mark gaped. "I didn't know- I swear it hadn't even crossed my mind, you know fans and all it's just that-"

He laughed. "Did I really mean nothing, Mark? Because I'm not sure about you but after meeting Jungwoo, I didn't forget about you. But hey, that doesn't matter, I'm not up to that standard anyways," Donghyuck scoffed, stepping away from the rapper, chuckling to himself.

Mark was not having it.
He walked up to the boy and pushed him against the same rock wall, one hand on his waist and the other on his chin, forcing him to look into his eyes.

"I don't want you, for even a split second to think that. You outshine anyone and I was a fucking dumbass to not realise that. Please give me another chance, and I'll make it right, our friendship meant a lot to me," he pleaded, running his hand down the younger's soft cheek.

The latter couldn't help the light blush rise on
his cheeks. He looked down as the ends of his lips tugged up into a small smile, and then looked back up to the boy and nodded. "Okay. Let's do it," he grinned cheekily.

Mark returned the enthusiasm, grasping his small figure to his, hugging him tightly. "Thank you, sunshine."

"Mark! Jesus, I didn't know your short ass legs could run that fast where'd you go?" Lucas exclaimed, panting as he crouched down, attempting to calm breathing rate to an even pace.

Jungwoo was frozen to the spot.
It was as if all of the blood in him turned cold, and he couldn't think straight when the boy appeared into view. Mark and Donghyuck has disappeared to the opposite side of the rock climbing wall, and they were the only ones there now.

Finally gaining some wit, he spun on his heel and turned so that his back was to the boy, praying that he'd just camouflage with the wall.

Luck clearly wasn't in his favour.

"Excuse me? Have you seen a short boy running off to somewhere?" Lucas called out to the boy who was currently unknown to him. When he received no response, he stepped closer to him, and placed an arm on his shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked, and turned the boy around.

Jungwoo took a deep breath, relaxed the tense muscles in his face and put on a blank stare as his face was revealed to the 'stranger'.

It was different seeing the boy so close again. It brought back those locked memories that he wasn't planning on releasing any time soon yet here they all came, spilling out at once.

Lucas paused as he met face to face with the lighter-haired. His eyebrows knitted in confusion for a solid minute and it was as if time itself had paused, everything stuck in the same spot until his eyes widened to the size of saucers in realisation. The guilty realisation.

No exaggeration. His eyes were fully blown.

"J-Jungwoo?" he stammered, stepping slightly closer.

It only resulted in the latter stepping back.

I can't get hurt again, the boy thought to himself, stepping further away. This is the only way, he attempted reassuring himself.

"Sorry? Do I know you?" he asked.

Yes of course I fucking know you but I won't.

Lucas hadn't moved. "It's really you.." he gasped, moving his hand up to feel the boy's face, his mouth hovering open.

The older flinched away from his touch, sliding out and away from the taller who stood in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I know you."

And with that, he walked away without sparing a glance.

"Donghyuck, I'll be leaving now. You can come home and I'll drop you or you can stay here with your friend I don't care."

The younger called a muffled response back, which the latter made out to be 'See you later then' so he pushed the gate open and strode off.

"Jungwoo!"

The boy simply ignored the burning of his eyes and continued to walk ahead, the gushes of wind attacking him, as if to say ' go back! ' but he knew that it couldn't be done. The future was supposed to end like this, and he couldn't meddle with it.

"Goodbye Xuxi, for the last time."

•••••

yay! i'm going to the beach tomorrow so i might update in the night we'll see aha but yeah i'm kinda stuck on where to continue this from now so if u have any ideas for markhyuck a relationship go for it but idk i'll see what ima go with it lol anywho love you, wash your hands, keep tissues with you and dont touch random stuff on the street if it's unnecessary.

🥺💜 i love you babies