16 • a pair of slides

The thought alone of stepping into the unknown made Donghyuck shiver. Outside? Outside of his safety and comfort.. and.. food?

His eyes widened as he violently shook his head from left to right, sinking deeper into the mound of blankets and pillows. "No way, am I going," he shuddered in disgust. "There, where other amphibians are. Disgusting, Jungwoo, disgusting."

The older just laughed at his childish behaviour and walked away from the door. "That is where you'll meet people, where your life is, Hyuck!"

But the boy simply didn't agree. "My life is here, and I met you, didn't I?" he sighed, pulling the sheets up to his face, so that only his eyes could be seen.

Jungwoo rolled his eyes. "I came to your door, Donghyuck, you did not move a foot."

"Hey! I did get up and get the parcel, did I not?" he shot back, huffing.

The brown-haired pinched the bridge of his nose exasperatedly. "I don't care. We're going out and that's that you lazy asshole," he responded, already leaning towards the concealed boy and digging through the mountain of blankets to find the tuft of silver hair.

When a pair of big black orbs were staring back at his own, the boy sighed in relief and scooped the boy up with the blankets that he had observed were always attached to him. Why? That's a secret Donghyuck would never tell.

A high-pitched gasp escaped the smaller boy's lips as he wrapped his arms around Jungwoo's neck in order to stabilise himself in the new position.

"What are you doing?" He asked. Jungwoo grinned.
"Let's get you into some clothes which aren't pikachu pyjamas and sweatpants and hoodies, okay cutie?"

Donghyuck blushed at the pet name and nodded. "Fine."

"Good boy," the older said, patting his friends fluffy head who flushed deeper red to the praise.

"Can I wear-"

"No no no, I'm choosing what you're going to wear, Hyuck," Jungwoo interrupted, placing the boy gently down on his bed and scooting him near to the back. "Stay right here and I'll pick something out for you."

Donghyuck could only nod, lost, as the other swung his wardrobe doors open, revealing an array of different coloured clothes and accessories and shoes.

He scanned over them, not for long before taking out some black, ripped skinny jeans and a loose, white silk button down, paired with some white trainers (sneakers if you please).

"There is no way that I'll wear that."

Jungwoo raised an eyebrow. "Who said you had a choice in this?"

Donghyuck gaped. "School? Sex education lessons? cOnsent?! Ever heard of such a thing?" He yelled, feeling attacked.

"No, what's that. I don't know? Now change into these, hyuckie."

"But they're so skinny! They're like a second skin!" he shrieked, slapping the item of clothing away.

"So do you!" Jungwoo screeched back, smacking the younger's arm. "You literally have an ideal body now go wear this shit before I do it myself!"

He raised his hands in surrender, clutching the clothes to his chest before waddling off. "Okay, okay," he pouted, shutting the door to the bathroom behind him.

Barely five minutes later, the boy emerged from the white door, the sound of it creaking, making Jungwoo snap his head up to the presence.

Donghyuck stood there shyly, the skinny jeans shaping his beautifully carved legs and the where the white button down was tucked in, was a belt which enunciated his tiny waist with more definition. The top few buttons were undone, giving a stunning view of his melanin skin. He had also thrown on a long necklace and a few rings on his hands- to complete the look, his hair was tousled loosely, some hair falling into his face and his pink lips parted in a grin.

Jungwoo couldn't speak for a hot second.

The boy shifted uncomfortably. "I told you it wouldn't look nice." This snapped the older back into reality, as he widened his eyes in disbelief.

"Not nice? Are you fucking blind? You look like a walking wet dream!" he exclaimed, hopping off the bed and walking to the boy with his mouth agape.

Donghyuck flushed a bright red. "I- Wow- I mean, thanks?" he stammered, heating up when the boy approached him closer. Jungwoo wrapped his arms around the younger and hugged him.
"You should come out of your shell more often, your wild personality suits this much better, babe," he chuckled with a dimple appearing on the side of his cheek. The other froze a bit, the sudden proximity slightly startling, but he smiled and eased into it, closing his arms around the other in response.
"You look beautiful," Jungwoo whispered one last time as he moved back a little, not before placing a peck on the younger's forehead.

If the younger wasn't blushing before, he was a fucking mess now. Unknowingly, his heart rate picked up wildly, rattling against the bars of his ribs continuously and he didn't know why.

After Jungwoo pulled away from the embrace, a pink dust on his cheeks, he tilted his head to the bedroom door.

"I'll take you somewhere okay, and I'm sure you'll love it."

Donghyuck furrowed his eyebrows. "Where?"

The latter tutted. "Now, I can't possibly tell you that, or it'd ruin the surprise, dumbass," he sighed, rolling his eyes with a grin on his face. "It's so easy," he chuckled. "Not telling you makes it harder."

Donghyuck scoffs. "Fine. But can we at least go eat because man I'm starving."

"You know, sometimes I find it hard to believe that your body is yours when you eat so much food," the older sighed, patting his non-existent belly fat.

"I mean, I am handsome and you're not you when you're hungry, so if I'm never hungry, I'll never lose my handsomeness. Logic, Jungwoo, logic."

"I don't get your logic sometimes. Anyways,
fine, we can go eat."

The wide smile on the younger's face was everything Jungwoo loved. His dimples and his cute cheeks stretched out with his eyes turning into crescents.

"Let's go!"

••••••

don't get mad, i promise there definitely will be markhyuck, just gotta build the plot y'know 💀💀