24 • like a costume

it feels like i haven't updated in a fucking year. i'm so sorry! how is everyone?? are you staying safe, staying inside and eating well? are you okay with online school and please do take care of yourself, it's an incredibly rough time right now and i send prayers for everyone, i really hope you're alright and holding up fine. yes, school right now is a pain in the ass but i beg, do not take it lightly now that we're at home. it's just going to work out horribly in the end, take it as seriously as you'd usually do because you're going to need to know these stuff and if you don't, it'll just be embarrassing, difficult and irritating. use this time well, is all i ask and get some self care done, read ( my books 🤩 ) and just spend time with your family or message me!! i'm always open. i love you, take care.

••••

It happened all too quickly.
Too quickly for either of them to notice.

"The weather sucks."

Mark broke into a fit of laughter, hearing the small complaint which broke the silence of a calm morning. The leaves rustling in the breeze, the slightly chilly air and the birds singing-

And then the whine from the younger.

"Yah! Don't laugh at me!" he protested, smacking the older on the arm with a pout and continuing to walk ahead quicker.

It was fruitless, however, as Mark managed to chase up to him in a matter of seconds, swinging an arm around the boy with a fond smile. "You're cute, I can't help myself," he grinned.

The younger flapped a hand in front of his face. "Wow. Mark Lee fans are punching the air right now," he breathed, sighing.

"Oh shut up," the mentioned male teased, ruffling his hair affectionately.

The pavement (sidewalk) was wide, and quite empty due to the morning chill. Not many were out at this time which was satisfactory for the two, meaning Mark didn't need to wear anything extra, like masks or ridiculously large articles of clothing.

For a while he kept walking, until he realised that his arm was around nobody now, just awkwardly floating in mid-air.

A gasp could be heard from a few feet behind, his head automatically whipping to the noise. A sigh of relief escaped him as he saw the boy standing there, untouched, and walked back to him slowly.

"Hyuck? Everything alright?" he queried, the shock on the younger's face confusing him. He followed the line of his gaze, until it reached a small billboard on the sidewalk.

"They're finally debuting oh my god!"

Mark squinted his eyes until his vision cleared, and blinked a few times. On the board was a large group of men, although one of which was a black silhouette, with a white question mark on. Above the boys, were three letters, 'NCT', it spelled out, and just below it was a small line.

'Welcome to neo zone.'

"You know them?" the older asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Yeah! One of my closest friends Jungwoo kept talking about debuting soon, and how they've been practising for almost three years now.. I've been practising with them too and he keeps telling me to join but I'm not sure," he laughs, grinning.

"That would be incredible!" Mark exclaimed, holding the younger's shoulders. "But your close friend Jungwoo..." he trailed off.

Donghyuck blinked. "What?"

Mark spun the younger to not face the board anymore, and pushed him to walk forward, on the path they were walking on before.

"Calm down, what's going on?" he giggled, halting.

The older chewed on his bottom lip. "Don't look at them! You can only look at me."

The younger blinked a few more times, before tipping over and laughing even heavier.

"Someone's jealous," he panted, his sides aching, and just being the tease he is, he looked back in the direction of the board.

It didn't last long until a neck and a chest came right into view, and two arms wrapping around his head, keeping it secure next to his own.

"I told you not to look there!"

He didn't realise it himself, although Donghyuck could feel his heart rate rapidly increase, the beats practically jumping out of his chest.

Why did he feel like this?

"Mark.." he murmured.

The older took his arms away, and instead stepped a little away to face the boy properly. They simply stared at one another, gazing at each others beautiful features, their uneven breaths and the constant fidgeting; although it was all without breaking eye contact.

There was an unidentified tension between the two, though they didn't know what it was.

"You can only look at me." He punctuated, his irises piercing into Donghyuck's, assuring his dominance.

The younger laughed, and it was as if the ice finally shattered- the unbearable tension was gone.

"You shouldn't say this type of stuff, Hyung," he shook his head, a playful smile on his lips as he looked ahead, away from Mark and continued walking.

It wasn't long before he felt two hands grip at his waist and spin him around, a gasp escaping his glossy lips.

"Mark?" he exclaimed, finding himself way too close to the latter, their noses almost touching and his waist arched slightly towards the elder.

"I wouldn't say this type of stuff if I didn't mean it, Hyuck," he mumbled, inching even closer, his lips ghosting over the the boy's.

"What do you-"

But his sentence was not finished, instead there was another pair of lips placed on his own, and he let himself succumb to the pleasure as the cherry blossom petals fluttered around them, leaving them secluded.

Mark's hands travelled further down, slyly resting upon Donghyuck's ass, before groping it ever so lightly.

"Mark!" he gasped against the older's lips, jerking a bit more forward, causing the latter to smile in the kiss, and quickly pushing his tongue into the younger's warm cavern. Mark's arms went to wrap around his waist, pulling him impossibly closer as their tongues fought for dominance, his own eventually succeeding, eliciting a small moan from the boy.

He pulled back, coming face to face with a flushed Donghyuck, his lips a swollen red, a tiny juncture where Mark had managed to sink his teeth in during the mess of it; although in Mark's eyes, Donghyuck couldn't look prettier.