2 • you a mismatch

••••••••••••

Beads of sweat trickled down the black-haired boy's forehead as he repeated the same step for about the tenth time in the past five minutes.

"Finally!" Taemin exclaimed, clapping his hands after seeing Mark get the choreography correct.

"I think we can actually take a break now, at least I hope," Baekhyun sighed from across the room, brushing his pink hair backwards and out of his face. Mark couldn't agree more. The past 7 hours they'd been practising non-stop, the same routine again and again.

"I don't get it though, we've already debuted and he wants us to keep rehearsing? We're not even performing in Seoul yet!" Kai pouted, splashing water over his stunning sweat-drenched face. In all honesty, none of the members understood why either.

For Mark, it was his first ever debut and he was actually looking quite forward to it, and he knew it was a lot of work to be in such an industry yet he still found himself to be complaining. The only thing that kept him going at times when he felt so dead, was just the fans who since predebut supported them. If he slacked off now, the fans would be disappointed and he wouldn't want that. None of them did.

"Okay, lets take it from Baekhyun," Kai ordered, the group forming as the leader took cue to hit his high note, and from then, the intense intense choreography kicked in, knocking the breaths out of the members and causing a growing ache in Marks leg. For the moment, he didn't think it meant anything and continued the dance, but gradually, the pain increased and during the ending choreography, he fell to the floor.

"Mark? Are you okay?" Taemin asked, immediately pausing the music and running to the boy.

"My ankle, I think I sprained it," the younger elaborated, clutching at the joint harshly. Taeyong then came over after grabbing a flexible ice pack, wrapping it around his ankle. Mark flinched at the coolness, yet kept it there nevertheless. The group crowded around the boy, rubbing his back in help of soothing the pain.

"I'm okay, thank you," the dark haired boy kept repeating, not wanting to cause any disruption to their practice and attempted to get up.

"No, you're not. You can sit out for now," Taemin comforted, helping him move to one of the chairs at the sides of the room. They all knew that for the past years, Mark had done so much for SM, being a trainee even if he hadn't debuted yet. He had helped out so much, even helped some of the other trainees before his debut which the rest of the boys acknowledged; they knew it was tough on him.

"Thank you," he mumbled, as Taemin set him down on the chair, massaging his ankle quickly and sending him a brief smile- the smile that made Mark's mood completely switch, and his face light up even for a split second. Of course, being in so many groups he'd experienced this love, but from a much more experienced, and older senior, he'd appreciated how the man treated him.

As the familiar music of 'I can't stand the rain' rang throughout the room, Mark took this chance to have a quick break, and relax slightly. He pulled out his phone, seeing two unread messages on the SuperM group chat.

Manager:

Get ready for your first fan sign event.

Manager:

It will be next week, and make sure to uphold the reputation. There is also a new system, for fans which is when they purchase a ticket, they receive an extra ten minutes with a member of their choice, added on to the normal time, meaning fans should stay with that selected member for roughly fifteen minutes. It is a new way for fans to connect with the star, and hopefully it will be successful. Do not give out any personal information.

Mark sighed, seeing the messages. He was beyond excited to see the fans, as he always was, however he knew that he couldn't show his full personality, neither could the rest because of 'upholding manager's reputation'. Although what he was excited about was the new system that they'd apparently put out. Of course it'd take longer however it would be very fun, in Mark's eyes as he appreciated every single one of them, and hopefully this way, he'd get to learn more.

"Okay, I think we're done for the day, it's been quite exhausting hasn't it?" Baekhyun sighed, slumping to the floor. Ten agreed, as did the others who followed after the leader, practically collapsing.

"Did you see Sewerman's message in the group chat ?" Mark asked, getting up with slight difficulty and joking them on the floor. Taeyong nodded.

"The fan meet?" He asked, making sure. Mark nodded, smiling.

"I think it'll be a fun change from just press conferences you know?" Lucas sighed, wiping the sweat off his forehead with a white towel. The other members couldn't agree more- they had a very hectic schedule, no doubt.

"We have about an hour until work's over, so after about fifteen minutes, do you wanna go over the vocals and rap?" Ten asked, downing his water bottle quickly.

With slight reluctance, they nodded, knowing that it had to be done ; Ten was right even if he himself didn't want to do it.

It was gonna be a long ass ride.

•••••