25 • we love to move it

Four months had passed.

In those few months, Jungwoo had managed to convince his closest friend to join NCT. He knew the boy could dance, but when he heard the boy's voice, Donghyuck didn't have a choice and was pushed into the group by all of the members themselves. He heard that this was just the beginning, and more members would be added each year; although, at the moment, there were only six members. Him, Jungwoo, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Jaemin and Yuta.

They were working hard towards their debut, the date creeping closer quicker and quicker- It was incredibly hectic and stressful however the group were quite close already, being the open and friendly people they were. Currently, the boys were taking a break, eating and taking a few gulps of water as they lay scattered across the practice room floor.

"Hyuck."

The said male tilted his head in response.

"How are you and Mark?" Jungwoo asked, wiggling his eyebrows mischievously.

"What do you mean both of us?" the latter laughed. "He's fine, and you know how I am, we see each other every day, stupid."

Jungwoo mentally facepalmed.

It was the sad truth, the two boys were still on the 'talking stage' yet anyone, absolutely any body could tell that they were head over heels for one another. Jungwoo knew the most, as whenever he visited Donghyuck at his apartment, the pair were always either in the kitchen, baking a cake and licking frosting off one another's noses, Donghyuck doing the dishes and Mark hugging him from behind or on the sofa watching television with Mark leaning against the armrest, legs parted with Donghyuck sitting inbetween them, his back to the elders front.

So he decided against it, and chose to hang out with his other best friend more, Doyoung.

"Don't give me that, you know what I mean," the elder sighed, exasperated.

"I've told you time and time again, Mark and I are just friends!" he groaned, sinking down the wall.

"Friends my fucking ass. No friends casually kiss and stare into each other's eyes for eternity saying how cute the other is."

Donghyuck hitches am eyebrow.

"That's what Lucas-hyung does to you though?"

Jungwoo rolled his eyes.

It'd been going on like this for a while, like the cat and mouse game. During those four months, Lucas felt as if he was falling in love all over again, as he spent more time with the latter as they worked under the same company (Donghyuck and Mark were over the moon upon the disclosure of this news. In other words, Donghyuck liked to say 'now I get to appreciate that work of art more') and Lucas did not waste any time in clinging to the older. The first few weeks were very rocky, involving Jungwoo practically bawling his eyes out because the younger was so nostalgic. It was difficult in befriending him again, and after he had discussed the whole situation with him, things finally seemed to clear.

"I told you already, you were the one who left me, forgot about me Yukhei!"

Lucas hurried over to the older, taking his face in his large hands as he rubbed circles into his cheeks.

"I did. I know. But I was stupid, and I didn't appreciate the angel that I had at the time. I was too overwhelmed by the fame and I left you out of my selfishness. You don't have to forgive me, but I remember everything. I remember our nights together, I remember our road trips and our late night dance battles, which you always won. And I've knocked some sense into this dumb brain enough to realise how much of a mistake it was to let you go. I'm sorry, and I'll wait if you're not ready yet. I'll wait until you forgive me, even if it means waiting for my whole life because Kim Jungwoo, I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else."

Jungwoo was shocked, to say the least. He didn't expect all of this coming out from the other's mouth, and even thought that he was nonexistent in the latter's mind; that all his memories of them were gone.

"I thought you never remembered me, Yukhei."

Lucas brought his hands down from the elder's face and rested it upon his small waist.

"I thought you called me Xuxi, baby."

The said male blushed wildly and looked away, only for the boy in front of him to turn it back.

"And yes, I forgot about our life for a while, but all it took was a look of your face to bring them all rushing back," he continued, watching Jungwoo closely. "But I hope that never happens again. I want you to be constantly clouding my mind."

Jungwoo of course, was internally crying for happiness because really, his love for the man never left, though his ego didn't either.

He didn't immediately let the boy in so easily, and wanted to see if Lucas actually meant what he said, so he gave him a few months in order to watch and understand what his feelings for him were.

"We're talking about you and Mark! Don't divert the subject."

Donghyuck let out a dramatic sigh as he rolled onto his back, his limbs extending out on the floor.

"I don't know, I mean we've made out a few times but that's about it-"

"MADE OUT?" Jungwoo screeched.

Donghyuck jumped slightly, moving into a sitting position. "You scared me!"

The elder brought a hand to his mouth, covering it. "There is a difference between kissing and making out, Hyuck! Who initiated it?"

The boy flopped back down, thinking about it back when they had woke up together, and things led to some larger things but ended in some kind of tension building up.

"I think it was Mark, honestly. I did initiate the kisses but he always tried to shove his tongue down my throat to be honest."

Jungwoo mentally, and physically facepalmed. "How much more oblivious could you get?" he groaned and shifted over to the younger.

"What do you mean?" he grumbled.

"He obviously likes you and wants you to make the next move you blind ass-sucking windshield!"

"Never heard that one before."

"Donghyuck!" he yelled. "I'm serious though, this is going no where if you don't take it anywhere. He's clearly looking for some kind of approval and you need to do that."

The said male nodded. "So do I give him a blowjob or something?"

"No you idiot! You ask him the fuck out you waddling neckless giraffe," the elder sighed, and shoved the boy's phone into his hand. "Call him and arrange something."

Donghyuck narrowed his eyebrows.

"What if he rejects me?"

"Then he rejects you? Go cry about it."

The younger huffed. "That's rude."

Jungwoo softened up slightly as he watched Donghyuck pout. He was like a younger brother to him almost and he didn't want him getting hurt.

"I won't force you," he began, rubbing at Donghyuck's elbow softly. "But it's my honest opinion and it's up to you whether you take it or not. Maybe don't ask him out yet, but confess or something. I'm telling you it'll help."

He nodded. "Okay. I'll try something and hope for the best, gosh."